• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 21-22 Season

drjeff

never touched the main base lifts today - heard about some issues early on there- started 805 via Sundance to Sunbrook to Northface and remained there until coming back to put in some laps on sundance - tracked out quick. woods busy too - managed fine though
View attachment 57195
Honestly the crew of about 10 I was skiing with today thought it was better after it got chopped up a bit vs untracked given the snow density!

The wind blown spine drift blown in on skiers left of Big Dipper today up top was a blast! And the new Sunbrook HSQ had me and my crew taking a never before 6 laps in a row in Sunbrook!

A really good day out there!

Legs are toast!

SLyardsale

Vail collapses apres/bar/food even more at Snow, right drjeff ? food/drink options kind of resemble a greyhound bus terminal.

ctdubl07

Those spines on Big Dipper were even better yesterday as very few had found them yet. Same with Ledge, wind drifts, hot lapped that about 5 times.
Ego was a treat today, empty with groomed right 2/3s or option of powder and drops between left woods and towers.
Kids hot lapped "goats path," the single track woods left of Ripcord and then back to Gulch, Prospector and Iron Run, all great fun.

To food, they killed the noodle bar in Carinthia today....easily one of the more popular options. Bullwheel is down to half menu they started season with. High Timber lodge at Carinthia was closed 3 weeks ago. At least Snowbarn is back open but with absolutely no advertising and none of the Pizza they were known for.....Such a miss for families all around. Its like there is zero historical knowledge being sought about what works/doesnt.

Notice 2 firsts today: small speakers installed at top of Sundance just above your head on the pole as you swivel into landing, and the bar on the Carinthia patio actually had an active tap set up with and bartenders!!....maybe they were trying to make up for the ridiculous decision to close down the Loft bar weeks back with no communication.

drjeff

Station Taproom apparently closes in 2 weeks. Quite sure the tabs my wife and I signed for this weekend covered the already reduced staff costs, and we were far from the only ones there this weekend.

The corporate beans counters need to understand that sometimes spending $5 to make $10 IS better than not spending $5 and not making anything!!

Mountain is skiing great right now! Arguably the best of the season! Looking forward to some Monday turns tomorrow!

ctdubl07

Yea, the STR closing in 2 weeks feels about on trend with last season which is a bummer, Like St patty's wknd signals Vails in going campaign to take booze out of apres skiing.here on East.

I think that's a 3 day wknd for us as kids have Friday off so hopefully STR will have music that night.

We always double our STR tab with tip...crowds up there just never returned after covid so I'm sympathetic to the 3 of them and backs. Crappy staffing also had us drinking out of eco plastic cups by 5 Sat night which to me, is more costly, less eco friendly and sh#try tasting...who knows.

ThatGuy

42407BC9-DCCC-49B8-B80E-D028A8F70096.jpeg
695EF007-D7A8-4466-BF45-5D14692124D0.jpeg
B8EBA45C-F1B9-44D4-A2AD-5F5B4D66B59A.jpeg
C031F691-2A3E-430E-BF93-503CBB5DBE3F.jpeg
Day ended when I got clipped from behind and went straight into a tree at speed. Thankfully hit my pelvis instead of my spine or it might’ve been a season ender. Dude didn’t even stop either…

Reactions: Edd

drjeff

View attachment 57346
View attachment 57348
View attachment 57349
View attachment 57350
Day ended when I got clipped from behind and went straight into a tree at speed. Thankfully hit my pelvis instead of my spine or it might’ve been a season ender. Dude didn’t even stop either…
Crappy way to end what looked like a great day for sure. Hope Karma comes the way of the guy that clipped you and that you're back out on the hill comfortably for the next storm that looks as of now to be a good one, early next week!

ThatGuy

Crappy way to end what looked like a great day for sure. Hope Karma comes the way of the guy that clipped you and that you're back out on the hill comfortably for the next storm that looks as of now to be a good one, early next week!
Definitely sucks but just glad I’m okay. Had a bit of a panic that it was more serious but just a big bruise and a little shaken.

Conditions have been great recently and if this storm confirms it will be all-time. Crazy how things have turned around from early winter.

jaytrem

Glad you're okay, crazy the guy didn't even stop. Nice pics! Will be there tomorrow.

ThatGuy

how do you run into someone in the trees... and then not even stop!
No clue, didn’t even know they were behind me until I felt something go across my skis in the middle of a turn. Sent me straight off a bump and into a tree. Then saw them go by. Was wearing my GoPro, but didn’t get a single frame of them because of the timing.
When I say lucky I mean it…was inches from a spinal injury but am just bruised instead. Taking a few days off waiting for the storm and recovering.
55388FD1-6634-4881-8735-ECAD5B9CEDA1.jpeg
E214E5AB-6DA4-4915-95E6-5F42996CDD77.jpeg

FE03612B-0EE1-4A99-BF4B-802F127CC83F.jpeg
13686386-858F-4FE8-8BED-A5BCDE893898.jpeg
You can see the tree in the last screengrab…