• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 21-22 Season

jimmywilson69

Yeah we rarely get that cold in aouthcentral PA which is why they still use then but also why they've been augmented with the ratniks and the HKD impulse

MikeW

For a tune-World Class, across the street from 7-11

ctdubl07

First Trax is my go to shop up at Mount Snow without question
I prefer the Grind at the base. You might pay a little more but convenience of leaving them and picking up before you walk the 100 yards to the lift, cannot be discounted……especially with kids. (Its also like a free night of locker storage) My feeling is that the quality is on par with anything you’ll get in town and if you’ve got a board, I’m not sure FT is best shop to deal with those having “serrated” edges.
I just drop off and head up to The Tap Room……

drjeff

I prefer the Grind at the base. You might pay a little more but convenience of leaving them and picking up before you walk the 100 yards to the lift, cannot be discounted……especially with kids. (Its also like a free night of locker storage) My feeling is that the quality is on par with anything you’ll get in town and if you’ve got a board, I’m not sure FT is best shop to deal with those having “serrated” edges.
I just drop off and head up to The Tap Room……

BTW way, the Taproom is scheduled to open the weekend of the 11th per a group text of my Taproom friends where one of the bartenders is included in the group! 🍻

snoseek

Any guesses as to what kind of terrain theyll be skiing about Tuesday into Wednesday next week? A couple of T2B routes and maybe a north face run?

jaytrem

Any guesses as to what kind of terrain theyll be skiing about Tuesday into Wednesday next week? A couple of T2B routes and maybe a north face run?
My guess...

Freefall on North Face along with River Run (nit much of a trail).

Long Johh beginner trail top to bottom

Cascade/Canyon

1 Carinthia off Heavy Metal

Maybe under the Carinthia quad (good chance I think ).

Possibly Ridge

Possibly Snowdance

ctdubl07

BTW way, the Taproom is scheduled to open the weekend of the 11th per a group text of my Taproom friends where one of the bartenders is included in the group! 🍻
Great news Doc…..been nostalgic for the Saturdays when Pete ignores my drink orders. I do hope they bring the SnowBarn back online with live music.

urungus

My guess...

Freefall on North Face along with River Run (nit much of a trail).

Long Johh beginner trail top to bottom

Cascade/Canyon

1 Carinthia off Heavy Metal

Maybe under the Carinthia quad (good chance I think ).

Possibly Ridge

Possibly Snowdance
They have announced Freefall, River Run, Cascade / Canton for opening day tomorrow. I expect Long John & The Gulch to follow quickly

Update: The Gulch will be open tomorrow but only for hiking (no lift service) and will not be connected to the main face

Last edited:

Newpylong

Last edited:

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

FBGM

Poma is junk. Vail deals with Dopp for a lot of stuff. That bluebird Poma at Snow is junk and problematic.

crystalmountainskier

There's no Dopp office in the NE like Poma, correct?
Doppelmayr has a small office in Ballston Spa, NY. The former head of ORDA is a Doppelmayr sales rep. Dopp also has a construction crew based in West Virginia. And their main North American manufacturing site is not too far from Vermont in St. Jerome, Quebec.

urungus

They have announced Freefall, River Run, Cascade / Canton for opening day tomorrow. I expect Long John & The Gulch to follow quickly

Update: The Gulch will be open tomorrow but only for hiking (no lift service) and will not be connected to the main face
Long John is now showing as open

Mum skier

Long John is now showing as open
Skied today, windy and cold with the guns blowing, but allowed us to achieve the start the season in November objective. conditions were not bad, though runs felt a bit crowded, by 2.00pm Challenger was ski on and by 3.00pm the Bluebird was close to ski on. One main run down the middle, Long John, and one of the runs down the north face open (don‘t know the names). They also opened the beginner chair which was good a people were hiking up that slope to use it.
Should be a bit warmer tomorrow. Worth the drive to get the season started.

ThatGuy

Skied today, windy and cold with the guns blowing, but allowed us to achieve the start the season in November objective. conditions were not bad, though runs felt a bit crowded, by 2.00pm Challenger was ski on and by 3.00pm the Bluebird was close to ski on. One main run down the middle, Long John, and one of the runs down the north face open (don‘t know the names). They also opened the beginner chair which was good a people were hiking up that slope to use it.
Should be a bit warmer tomorrow. Worth the drive to get the season started.
Glad to hear it wasn’t too packed there. The main run down is Cascade/Canyon and the North Face run is Free Fall with River Run as the connector fyi.

drjeff

Tough to say how much natural fell overnight with all the wind blowing it around last night and all day today. Easily got 6", although with the wind dispersion factor, I could believe that 8-12"+ as well. Went from looking like late Fall to looking and feeling like Winter in 24hrs!

They have also started snowmaking on Ridge, Snowdance and Chute, as well as were making snow on Canyon, parts of Long John, Cascade, Deer Run, Coopers Junction, The Gulch and the Carinthia base area.

Hopefully they'll get Gulch open and either Heavy Metal or Nitro spinning for the park crowd in the next day or so.

Had a couple of separate rides on the Bluebird today with folks up from Virginia and Maryland! 😳