• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 21-22 Season

meff

Hopefully the weather tomorrow is kind to the mountain, a few more routes down and I imagine a decrease in crowds should make a for a decent weekend.

ThatGuy

Bluebird is going down for windhold, watched a girl slide out at the terminal and almost become a paraplegic.

chuckstah

Bluebird is going down for windhold, watched a girl slide out at the terminal and almost become a paraplegic.
I'm at Sunapee today. I keep thinking every run is the last one it's so windy at the top. And there's only about 10 people here. skiing is quite good though.

ThatGuy

I'm at Sunapee today. I keep thinking every run is the last one it's so windy at the top. And there's only about 10 people here. skiing is quite good though.
Skiing is pretty decent here but theres only about twenty feet of visibility in some spots.

machski

Yup, wasn't too bad on the 1 1/3 of a run. Great coverage and depth and they are close to adding Upper BlastOff and Chipmunk. Wind do d keep it increasing til I punched out at 1pm.

chuckstah

Yup, wasn't too bad on the 1 1/3 of a run. Great coverage and depth and they are close to adding Upper BlastOff and Chipmunk. Wind do d keep it increasing til I punched out at 1pm.
They finally went on wind hold at 3. I missed what was to be my last run, probably for the best. I guess that was your car I saw in the lot with a tell tale license plate

machski

They finally went on wind hold at 3. I missed what was to be my last run, probably for the best. I guess that was your car I saw in the lot with a tell tale license plate
Yes sir. I need to look around a bit more at who is skiing. Yesterday was a surgical strike day to get out, get a bunch of vert in and head out to do other stuff so I was single mind focused.

drjeff

What's the paid parking situation ? Weekdays too?
Paid parking doesn't start until Saturday the 18th. All parking is free until then. Paid parking will involve roughly 50% of the parking lots (the original map that a certain online group posted was inaccurate with some of the outer lots listed as pay that will be free). Free lots, primarily around the main base lodge outer and lower lots will be available on the weekends. There will be free shuttles running from the outer, free lots to the base lodges.

The paid parking situation, which is done via a downloadable app similar to what many mass transit commuters use when they park their vehicles in lots and take the train/subway to work, will have you pre paying for your parking for that day, and apparently there will be someone checking that the license plates parked in the paid lots did in fact pre-pay. Not sure of what the mechanism to deal with those parking in paid spots that didn't pay that day will be.

The lots very near the main base lodge and also the snow side lot at Carinthia will be paid every day ($30 on the weekends and $15 mid week non Holiday). The other paid lots around the main base area, Sundance Lodge area, and the non slopeside lot at Carinthia are $15 a day weekends only, and free mid week, Non Holiday. After 1PM, everyday, all parking spaces will be free, regardless of the lot, and if they were paid spots earlier that day.

It will be interesting to see how this all comes together the next few weeks, especially through the Christmas Week crowds

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Paid parking doesn't start until Saturday the 18th. All parking is free until then. Paid parking will involve roughly 50% of the parking lots (the original map that a certain online group posted was inaccurate with some of the outer lots listed as pay that will be free). Free lots, primarily around the main base lodge outer and lower lots will be available on the weekends. There will be free shuttles running from the outer, free lots to the base lodges.

The paid parking situation, which is done via a downloadable app similar to what many mass transit commuters use when they park their vehicles in lots and take the train/subway to work, will have you pre paying for your parking for that day, and apparently there will be someone checking that the license plates parked in the paid lots did in fact pre-pay. Not sure of what the mechanism to deal with those parking in paid spots that didn't pay that day will be.

The lots very near the main base lodge and also the snow side lot at Carinthia will be paid every day ($30 on the weekends and $15 mid week non Holiday). The other paid lots around the main base area, Sundance Lodge area, and the non slopeside lot at Carinthia are $15 a day weekends only, and free mid week, Non Holiday. After 1PM, everyday, all parking spaces will be free, regardless of the lot, and if they were paid spots earlier that day.

It will be interesting to see how this all comes together the next few weeks, especially through the Christmas Week crowds
If there really are "crowds" anymore at any "FAIL" resorts!

drjeff

If there really are "crowds" anymore at any "FAIL" resorts!
Anecdotally, while I have certainly seen plenty of familar faces at Mount Snow the past 2 weekends that they've been open, there are also plenty of folks, whom it fairly easy to tell are relatively new to Mount Snow (wouldn't surpise me if they were new Epic Pass owners), as well as over the Holiday periods, there are so many that just ski/ride a few times a year that will show up regardless of a parking fee and booked their trip months ago.

There are ways for regulars to work around the paid parking, and while these changes are mainly from the folks out in CO, there are tons of really great people who work for the mountain, who are busting their butts and working around the higher up managerial decisions that likley aren't from the crew at Mount Snow, to let folks enjoy the sport we all love. And we should all take a moment to thank them at the resort, because its the crew at the resort that delivers the experience, sometimes inspite of directives from higher level management, and both this season and last season the folks you see at the resorts out there working so we all can enjoy the sport, have been through a lot, and we should try and be more appreciative of them and get that they are the face of the company and aren;t always responsible for coprorate decisions

urungus

Paid parking will involve roughly 50% of the parking lots (the original map that a certain online group posted was inaccurate with some of the outer lots listed as pay that will be free).
Is an updated parking map available ?

drjeff

Is an updated parking map available ?
I can't find a direct link on the webiste.

Basically, on the weekends, at the main base lodge area, the outer lots you first get to on both your right and left as you come down the main access road are free, as well as the lower lots down by Snow Lake being free. The lot behind the main base lodge is the $30 premium spaces ($15 mid week), and the lots on either side of the mountain ops bulding are the $15 spaces and free midweek.

Sundance lot is $15 on the weekend and free during the week.

Carinthia has the lot immediately adjacent to the snow as $30 parking on the weekend ($15 midweek) and the other Carinthia lot out behind the base lodge is $15 on the weekends.

And free shuttle will be running on a regular basis from the outer lots around the main base lodge to the main base lodge bus port area

Cobbold

My guess if you are a pass holder parking in a paid lot but not paying, you will get an email, asking that you pay or your epic pass privileges will be suspended

ThatGuy

My guess if you are a pass holder parking in a paid lot but not paying, you will get an email, asking that you pay or your epic pass privileges will be suspended
I’ll let you know because I’m parking in lot A midweek and definitely not going to pay, so we’ll see what happens. If it’s an issue at least lot B isn’t much farther.

skiur

How would they know if you were a passholder? My licence plate# isn't linked to my pass, does epic require it?