• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 21-22 Season

drjeff

Not good, was there yesterday. Will probably be Carinthia only after this weekend.

They're going to do their best to hold the main face trails together through the April 2/3 weekend when they're having the Winter Brewfest on Saturday the 2nd.

That is a much "easier" event to run for a host of reasons from the added available area, more restrooms, easier to control access points, a stage for the band, etc over at the main base area vs at Carinthia in they want it ski/ride in/out.

Going to need Mother Nature to cooperate a bit though. Cascade to Canyon should be in play then unless the weather goes on a 3-4 day in a row 60+ degrees run

Pez

I guess reggae fest Saturday will end up being my last day of the season there. didn't really get my money's worth out of the epic ne pass this winter.

njdiver85

Going to need Mother Nature to cooperate a bit though.

Seems they have good temps to make snow tonight, but sounds like they have no plans to do so. I think Vail needs to cooperate a little as well, LOL.

drjeff

Seems they have good temps to make snow tonight, but sounds like they have no plans to do so. I think Vail needs to cooperate a little as well, LOL.

Pretty sure they just want to get the Main Face through the April 2/3 Weekend (and looking at the 10 day forecast, unless it deviates much warmer, they should have the snow to do that) and then my hunch is the Main Face becomes an active construction site with the demo and hauling down the hill of parts of the lifts coming down ahead of the new lifts to whatever parking lot they're choosing to put them in until they get hauled away.

Carinthia has a solid amount of snow on the likely Nitro, Fool's Gold, Deer Run and Gulch options they likely are looking at in their attempt at April 24th. Factor in that they will have snow from Mineshaft, Inferno, Grommet, what's in the half pipe area, and parts of Long John to farm from if needed, and they do have a fair amount of snow to utilize in the attempt for April 24th.

Again, if mother nature in a couple weeks throws a week of 60-70 degree temps at the mountain, doubt April 24th happens. Right now, if mother nature is relatively "normal" over the next month, I give them a 60/40 shot at making April 24th at Carinthia

drjeff

Happened to be in the right place at the right time this morning to catch the mountain ops crew taking the 1st chair off of the Sundance Triple haul rope mid morning today!

Snow was firm and fast, and it was mid winter cold and breezy. Glad to just ride the Bluebird today to get out of the breeze on the way up the hill!

20220328_105707.jpg

pinion

9873BA2F-D5FE-4894-BCF0-6F719D1C01FD.jpeg412ABE12-5050-41CA-9F11-C50A5300DC38.jpeg02ECE0EA-CC9E-4BB3-A209-1BF83E79D066.jpeg5C3B1A43-091E-404C-930E-FB5CEB15F682.jpegWell, they managed to keep the Main and North Faces open this past weekend. Brew Fest was hopping on Saturday and got some light snow yesterday.

Last edited:

pinion

I just pre cook the onions and peppers and just warm them up on-site. Less time cooking more time sking
Heard, and agreed - that's my preferred way as well. This was for a group of 20+, lots of kids... so cooking this way mostly for show. Also allowed the parents time to mosey on through the Beer Festival and start on drinks with lunch. Skied post lunch until 3p and then used up the rest of the drink tickets. Not a bad day, not a bad experience.

drjeff

Heavy equipment, and more than just snowcats, out on Sweet Sixteen and Long John this morning plowing out the snow to get the work road up the mountain to the lift construction sites built

drjeff

Heavy equipment, and more than just snowcats, out on Sweet Sixteen and Long John this morning plowing out the snow to get the work road up the mountain to the lift construction sites built

Attachments

• 20220404_121040.jpg
    20220404_121040.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37

urungus

Mount Snow Operations@MountSnowOps
Monday, 4/4 we are consolidating operations at Carinthia. We hoped to maintain operation on the Main Mountain but Mother Nature had an impact. Thursday’s rain and a forecast for nearly 2" of rain this week, will not leave a product we feel is acceptable

drjeff

Jeff are they auctioning off the chairs? Keeping a couple spares for BT maybe...?
Rumor is that there will be an auction/sale of chairs forthcoming. Not sure how many, or which chairs, or when it will/might happen though right now....

cdskier

A nice YAN double would be cool to have, lighter to move/hang!

I never truly grasped how heavy chairs from a lift were until I bought a chair from Sugarbush's old Valley House double!

drjeff

A nice YAN double would be cool to have, lighter to move/hang!

I want a double as well.. I already have one of the old Grand Summit Express Quad chairs, and one of the Summit Local Triple chairs. Need a double to add to my collection! ;) :ROFLMAO: