• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 21-22 Season

jaytrem

Probably easier, and certainly less physical effort, to access the Northface from the Subdance Lodge by riding BOTH the new lifts this season!

Until you get the bottom of Sunbrook and see the new giant lift line. Then the quickest way might be Sundance->Beartrap->Sundance->NF. :)

High Traverse can become very useful if Sundance can run when the summit is closed. I don't picture it getting much traffic going past South Bowl on a normal day though. Might not matter much if it's open or closed.

SLyardsale

using high traverse across southbowl might be way safer than crossing long john onto shooting star. first t-bone on long john will happen on the first day that new lift operates.

drjeff

using high traverse across southbowl might be way safer than crossing long john onto shooting star. first t-bone on long john will happen on the first day that new lift operates.
Agree.

That's going to be an issue for sure, and likely one that will involve a bunch of ambassadors/patrol and possibly some speed control net/fencing sets there this season

Vter

Agree.

That's going to be an issue for sure, and likely one that will involve a bunch of ambassadors/patrol and possibly some speed control net/fencing sets there this season
BlaHaha !!! You folks crack me up. Just Ski Man…T-bone, cops, arrests ???
It’s a tame hill, man…it’s fuk’n Mt. Snow ! I don’t see evac’s because your afraid to cross a cat-walk life style. My God, aren’t you the same people who want to shut down speeders from the chairlifts ! You couldn’t pay me to ride a chair, ski with you or buy me a beer…Dr BlaHaha ! I love my life & you ?

SLyardsale

It’s a tame hill, man…it’s fuk’n Mt. Snow ! I don’t see evac’s because your afraid to cross a cat-walk life style. My God, aren’t you the same people who want to shut down speeders from the chairlifts ! You couldn’t pay me to ride a chair, ski with you or buy me a beer…Dr BlaHaha ! I love my life & you ?
some valid points, but I'd bet u'd take the free beer

ThatGuy

It’s a tame hill, man…it’s fuk’n Mt. Snow ! I don’t see evac’s because your afraid to cross a cat-walk life style.
The terrain might be tame but the clientele is another story.

jaytrem

The terrain might be tame but the clientele is another story.

I always loved the "I'm a female" line after she shoves the kid and doesn't think he should fight back.

In all my years at MS I don't recall ever seeing a fight, couple arguments here and there. I did witness an assault at Snoqualmie that looked like it was going to end up with an arrest. Cops were definitely waiting at the bottom. Rule #1 if you going to assault somebody, make sure you have a get away plan. Doing it at a backside lift is probably not a good idea.

jimmywilson69

The other thing some of these folks don't think about is 1) tons of people filming when shit like this goes down 2) these resorts have cameras everywhere that you don't see.

There was an incident at Roundtop where my buddy had his school group and the leaders and kids got called to the security office and they had footage of said incident and I would've never though that they had cameras in that location.

IceEidolon

Wisp has cameras for basically the whole mountain, they're all networked back to the snowmaking control room and I'd assume Security too.

jaytrem

Wisp has cameras for basically the whole mountain, they're all networked back to the snowmaking control room and I'd assume Security too.
Probably a good idea. I didn't see any fights when I was there, But there was obviously a LOT of alcohol consumption going on. Saturday night and boatloads of college age kids. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, but I could picture things getting crazy real fast. Hopefully more beer goggles than beer muscles.

GregoryIsaacs

I'm starting to get think the Sunbrook lift isnt going to be open in time.

Just dont see how any work can get done once the people start showing up en-masse once they open.

The issue wont be as bad given the new Sundance 6 and the fact that the old quad seldom ran anyways/wasnt a core lift.

slatham

I'm starting to get think the Sunbrook lift isnt going to be open in time.

Just dont see how any work can get done once the people start showing up en-masse once they open.

The issue wont be as bad given the new Sundance 6 and the fact that the old quad seldom ran anyways/wasnt a core lift.
Haven’t heard much about Sunbrook, other then Dr Jeff a few/several weeks ago commenting that both lifts were proceeding on schedule. Is there new info/insight?

drjeff

The new GM, who spoke at my condo assocaition's annual meeting this past Sunday. commented that right now, barring any unforseen issues, the new Sundance lift will be ready for Thanksgiving Weekend with the new Sunbrook lift ready by early/mid December.

Top and bottom terminal assembly for Sunbrook is really ramping up now that the top and bottom terminals of Sundance are essentailly done. Com line pulling, haul rope pulling and splicing and then the hanging of the chairs isn't that lengthy of a process in the big scheme of things, then just testing and inspection

https://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=995
995i.jpg