• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: Winter Builds

MR. evil

You have the 1 x 9 hooked up on this one?

Hopefully will get out on the trails next weekend.

yup, 1x9. Have a new smaller front ring on the way. The 34T one that is on there is just a little too much for me right now. Lets touch base towards the end of the week. If it stays dry I wouldnt mind riding the Rez.

Trev

I am so impressed with this bike that I don't see the FS coming out anytime soon. Even thinking about selling my 5" FS trail bike and getting something a little bigger that can handle occasional lift served action. Time will tell.

Glad to see you enjoyed it !!
You were soo nerved up that you'd 'brought the wrong bike' at the parking lot, that I thought it was going to be a bad day ;)

Turned out to be very nice indeed.

Bike looks good, and apparently serviced your riding needs too !!

MR. evil

Glad to see you enjoyed it !!
You were soo nerved up that you'd 'brought the wrong bike' at the parking lot, that I thought it was going to be a bad day ;)

Turned out to be very nice indeed.

Bike looks good, and apparently serviced your riding needs too !!

I really enjoyed the bike, and the ride. BTW - way to go on finally hitting Blue Racer, I knew you had it in you :beer:

I was a little worried about bringing the wrong bike when it seemed like everyone in our very large group was on a 6" or 7" bike. Once I got used to the HT it was so much fun! And once I finally hit the drop to flat at the end of the big log ride (and it didn't hurt :p) I knew I had a keeper.

Trev

I really enjoyed the bike, and the ride. BTW - way to go on finally hitting Blue Racer, I knew you had it in you :beer:
Yea, thanks.. good stuffage indeed.

I was a little worried about bringing the wrong bike when it seemed like everyone in our very large group was on a 6" or 7" bike. Once I got used to the HT it was so much fun! And once I finally hit the drop to flat at the end of the big log ride (and it didn't hurt :p) I knew I had a keeper.

I figured that drop to be the 'make or break'.. ;)

Looking to get some mid-week rides over at WH Rez, post work. Get some of those 10 milers in.. will be in touch.. maybe next week we can get something in before my vacation.

Enjoy.

awf170

Here is my super-uber-light new bike. 1X9, 150mml up front. Just weighed it last night, 31.8 lbs :-o It's a fatty.

222818_1945640369076_1484540759_2170766_3216485_n.jpg

Still got to replace the front derailleur with a chain guard once I get enough money. Also, have been riding without a rear brake since I need to grind something down a bit to fit it in. I was going to get around to it, but I got pretty used to only have a front brake. :dunce:

bvibert

Staff member
Looks sweet Austin! What fork is that?

What's the problem with the rear brake? Looks like it's installed in the picture...

Do you still have the IH too?

awf170

Looks sweet Austin! What fork is that?

What's the problem with the rear brake? Looks like it's installed in the picture...

Do you still have the IH too?

Rock Shox Sektor Coil U-turn 110-150

Pad rubbing since I can't move the brakes far enough over. I just need to scrape some paint off the frame and I should be good. It just took me a while to get around to ordering new pads. Old worn down pads work fine, but I lost them on the first ride since the little wire that holds the pads together was all messed up.

No IH. It has a hairline crack in the rear triangle. Might try to find a replacement rear triangle and just sell the frame on ebay.

bvibert

Staff member
Rock Shox Sektor Coil U-turn 110-150

Pad rubbing since I can't move the brakes far enough over. I just need to scrape some paint off the frame and I should be good. It just took me a while to get around to ordering new pads. Old worn down pads work fine, but I lost them on the first ride since the little wire that holds the pads together was all messed up.

No IH. It has a hairline crack in the rear triangle. Might try to find a replacement rear triangle and just sell the frame on ebay.

I have a replacement rear triangle I can sell you. I've been thinking of putting up on eBay anyway. I'll have to give it a thorough inspection, but I didn't see any signs of cracking.. yet. It was the front triangle that went on mine.

I had to face the caliper mounting surface on my HT to get the caliper to align correctly too. I just took a large file and slowly took off material from both ears at one time, trying to keep them equal and parallel. I don't think it matter's all that much with the CPS mounting hardware for Avids (what I use), but I figured it didn't hurt to try to keep it close.

The Sektor looks like a good fork, it's on my short list. How do you like it?

MR. evil

, 31.8 lbs :-o It's a fatty.

31.8 lbs.... what a PIG :smile:

Still got to replace the front derailleur with a chain guard once I get enough money. Also, have been riding without a rear brake since I need to grind something down a bit to fit it in. I was going to get around to it, but I got pretty used to only have a front brake. :dunce:

Im using a N-Gear Jump Stop on my 1x9 setup. So far it works great! Plus it only cost like $10

bvibert

Staff member

BTW - You might be able to get a few bucks for your cracked rear triangle. Some of the guys in the IH forum on MTBR are into having gussets welded onto cracked rear triangles to keep their MKIII's going as long as possible...