• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass 4/19/12

bvibert

Staff member
We had a nice rip in the woods of Burlington last night. The Mayor of Nass led a sweet loop around the soccer fields with a sampling of Stone east. I doubt I can remember all the trail names, but it was something like Dip>Half Pipe>Long way home>Llama Farm>around to cross Punch Brook>up to GW>Rouges? (redone with switchbacks :) )>dirt jumps>up BMX stunt trail>Lollipop (I sat this one out as I needed a break)>upper Dentist>Blue Red (including the rock garden, which I nailed)>Jail Bait>something>Two Bridges>Ass kicker climb that I can't remember the name of.

I ended up with a distance of about 8.5 miles. The guys up front were keeping up a pretty good pace. I felt bad that they had to keep waiting up for me. According to my GPS my moving average speed was around 6.3mph, I bet the front guys were at least a mph faster than that. There was just about 2000 feet of climbing.

Can't wait to get out again! I love rides that push me, though I am getting a little tired of always falling to the back. I'm going to have to work on that!

o3jeff

We had a nice rip in the woods of Burlington last night. The Mayor of Nass led a sweet loop around the soccer fields with a sampling of Stone east. I doubt I can remember all the trail names, but it was something like Dip>Half Pipe>Long way home>Llama Farm>around to cross Punch Brook>up to GW>Rouges? (redone with switchbacks :) )>dirt jumps>up BMX stunt trail>Lollipop (I sat this one out as I needed a break)>upper Dentist>Blue Red (including the rock garden, which I nailed)>Jail Bait>something>Two Bridges>Ass kicker climb that I can't remember the name of.

I ended up with a distance of about 8.5 miles. The guys up front were keeping up a pretty good pace. I felt bad that they had to keep waiting up for me. According to my GPS my moving average speed was around 6.3mph, I bet the front guys were at least a mph faster than that. There was just about 2000 feet of climbing.

Can't wait to get out again! I love rides that push me, though I am getting a little tired of always falling to the back. I'm going to have to work on that!

Looks like I missed a good ride. I always hate being the last guy too, feel like I am always holding up the group.

WoodCore

.........Dip>Half Pipe>Long way home>Llama Farm>around to cross Punch Brook>up to GW>Rouges? (redone with switchbacks :) )>dirt jumps>up BMX stunt trail>Lollipop (I sat this one out as I needed a break)>upper Dentist>Blue Red (including the rock garden, which I nailed)>Jail Bait>something>Two Bridges>Ass kicker climb that I can't remember the name of.

Sounds like you went up NW Passage from the GW and then it would be Jail Bait>Butz Backdoor>Bridges>B52 Climb.

Good route for sure. Can't wait to get back out riding.

bvibert

Staff member
Sounds like you went up NW Passage from the GW and then it would be Jail Bait>Butz Backdoor>Bridges>B52 Climb.

Good route for sure. Can't wait to get back out riding.

Yes, that's right, I was drawing a blank on some names.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Nice! I am so overdue for a new bike. Just so far out of the budget with a baby on the way :sadwalk:

I keep coming into this forum pretty much just to complain about that.

MR. evil

Nice! I am so overdue for a new bike. Just so far out of the budget with a baby on the way :sadwalk:

I keep coming into this forum pretty much just to complain about that.

o3Jeff has a couple of mountain bikes not being used. I'm sure you could borrow one for the season :)