• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass RAW 6-4-09

o3jeff

Arrived at Scoville to an empty lot around 5 and was rolling shortly after. My plan was just to ride and keep pedaling and try not to do much walking. Figured I would take Hinams north and then try the 69'er going south. After thinking for bit while riding out, the only thing that kept running thru my mind was the bears that live on the 69'er and not having Greg or Brian in front to flush them out I figured I would just try the big loop in reverse since I never have.

After coming up on the left to go up to Johnnycake curiosity got the best of me so I decided to head up. I actually liked the trail, yes there was a lot of up hill, but there was also lots of places to catch your breath. Came to a fork and I stayed right(found out later going left brings you to the field and back to Scoville) continued up the hill to a fire road and went left and a after 50 feet I noticed a right so I took it. It was more of a grassy smooth tral that was a little over grown and I followed it for a while and it started a smooth fast down hill. I continued down the hill for a while and not knowing were it goes I stopped to check the GPS. It didn't look like anywhere I really wanted to head so I turned around(after downloading the track it looks like it might swing around to the Sessions area. Will have to take it to the end sometimes).

Back tracked the way I came which had some nice down hills that you can carry some speed and then ended back at the fork and headed to the field area and hopped onto Scoville and headed into the Sessions area for a bit and back t the car.

http://www.crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=561

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
How was your knee? And I missed it... what happened to your knee?

Good idea on the bears. Let them eat Greg or Brian instead. ;)

o3jeff

How was your knee? And I missed it... what happened to your knee?

Good idea on the bears. Let them eat Greg or Brian instead. ;)

Was having some pain on what felt like the back side of the knee cap. Now I end up doing some stretching before I head out. I was also talking to ruler and ad-rock the last time I rode and ad-rock mentioned that I might have some scar tissue that formed and showed me some things to do to help eliminate it. Both seem to be helping.

Greg

Staff member
...continued up the hill to a fire road and went left and a after 50 feet I noticed a right so I took it. It was more of a grassy smooth tral that was a little over grown and I followed it for a while and it started a smooth fast down hill. I continued down the hill for a while and not knowing were it goes I stopped to check the GPS. It didn't look like anywhere I really wanted to head so I turned around(after downloading the track it looks like it might swing around to the Sessions area. Will have to take it to the end sometimes).

Very interesting. Looks like it might end up in someone's back yard though.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Was having some pain on what felt like the back side of the knee cap. Now I end up doing some stretching before I head out. I was also talking to ruler and ad-rock the last time I rode and ad-rock mentioned that I might have some scar tissue that formed and showed me some things to do to help eliminate it. Both seem to be helping.
You'll have to share that! I can't tell if my recent knee pain is the old injury or something new, but it feels a little different. Wonder if it's the same sort of thing...

o3jeff

I also noticed that it looks to go straight to someones yard. KYATV made a comment that there was a left by were I turned around, I am not sure were it leads to. The weird thing is someone was riding down the trail after I turned around.

http://www.crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=7
Looks like my track is the purple one. Would be nice to find that green track north of where I was for when we do a extended ride one of these days.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice exploring Jeff! Glad you made it out. Also happy to hear that the knee seems to be doing better.

rueler

It does go to a backyard...most likely Sandy or Chuck's backyard. Chuck is the most likely culprit who has been lifting the PP blocks on the Jug and Hinman's. Those guys ride there more than I do. Sandy is a 60+ aged guy who is REALLY nice...Chuckles is a different story...he's gruff, competitive with people who are above his league... who don't care if they're good or not... and just not nice. He's not made friends with some of the locals who keep Nass nice and rolling smooth.