• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - 5/3/2009

Greg

Staff member
Met up with Tim, Jeff and Brian for this one. Got rolling probably about 7:20. We did the cemetery twisties > Cornwall climb > State forest border trail over to Stone > Sorta a bass akwards ride around Stone featuring the rock garden in both directions > Back towards the Cornwall downhill > Hinman > little roller loop > swamp twisties back to Scoville. 10.3 miles in 3 hours. Jeff was spent and bailed down 69.

A great ride at a nice steady moderate pace. Tim was flying once again. By the end I was pretty cooked. Happy that all three of us smoothly linked the two A frames, bypass around the ladder drop and the swamp bridges all in one pass. Already had lunch #1 of an onion and cheese omelet. Trying to figure out when the next meal will be; gonna be soon. After Friday's 6 miler and today's 10 miler, I'm pretty cooked. Great ride boys. Here's the track:

http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=536

Greg

Staff member
Garmin etrex Legend HCx

o3jeff

I need to get into mtb mode. After sitting around for 2 weeks I was hurting by the time I got to the car, but thanks for pushing me as far as you guys did.

My plan now is to do at least one RAW, preferably two each week and then a ride on the weekend.

bvibert

Staff member
Good ride. I'm totally beat. I shoveled mass quantities of food in my mouth as soon as I got home. I felt better today than I did on Friday with Tim and Greg, but they still kicked my ass, especially on Hinman's. I cleared most of the Stone rock garden on the way out and was happy to hit the two a-frames and drop bypass leading up to the new caveman bridges, which I also cleared for the first time. Definitely getting some confidence back, just need to work on the wind/endurance a bit.

MR. evil

Awsome ride, and I am also pretty beat. I was feeling really good when we finished and could have done sessions no prob. But I am glad we didn't, I crashed hard about an hour ago. I am starting to get my second wind but still feel a bit tired.

I really liked that loop we did today. Before it gets really hot out we should shoot to do that loop but add Sessions & B-street for a mini epic.

Greg

Staff member
Can't believe nobody mentioned this yet. The "effin ninja" was on fire yesterday. :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Can't believe nobody mentioned this yet. The "effin ninja" was on fire yesterday. :lol:

I gotta get me one of those do rags.
ninja10.gif