• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Netflix ski and boarding films

RichH

I've just discovered Netflix has decent skiing and boarding films (Warren Miller, etc - I've only seen Cold Fusion and loved it). What skiing and boarding films should I be adding to my Netflix queue?

Bonus points for anything that doesn't sound skiing related so the wife doesn't remove it from the queue!!

Thanks!

frozencorn

I rented the Blizzard of Ahhs fron Netflix a few months ago. You can also get some McConkey stuff on there too.

hammer

Steep is available for instant viewing...

What I'd like to do eventually is get set up to stream movies directly to my TV...would want to be able to do this in HD, though.

mondeo

Steep is available for instant viewing...

What I'd like to do eventually is get set up to stream movies directly to my TV...would want to be able to do this in HD, though.

XBox 360, baby. I also have HDMI out on my laptop, so that's another avenue. You can get a cheap HTPC setup for $300-400 and have a DVR and stream to TV.

Blu-Ray will never catch on because streaming/downloading movies will beat it. I know I'm not going with Blu-Ray because of Netflix. It's not all HD yet, but it'll get there, and for a lot chaper.

RichH

Fantastic - thanks for the quick responses. Steep looks to be my best first choice.

I'd not thought to do the instant streaming - I know what I'm doing tonight!