• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Netflix

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Got it. Love it. Have dozens of movies in my queue. Get 'em in the mail, they sit around a few days, I watch 'em when I can, then drop 'em in the outgoing mail and another one arrives a few days later. Sweet.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I always liked it when we had it. But we haven't been watching enough TV lately to warrant the cost. Very convenient, fast shipping, no problems with the service. A couple got lost in the mail and it was no big deal resolving the issue. The only thing that didn't work for us was the instant watch stuff on the website. Either my DSL isn't fast enough or the video card on my PC sucks; the picture was HORRIBLE. That was a disappointment because I was looking forward to that option.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
One of the best services I ever purchased. We do the three at a time option and it usually works like clock work and we are rarely without something to watch. Selection is sensational and their web site works very well for suggesting more options. The only problem is once you keep adding new movies to your queue, it can quickly become too big to manage. I'd like to see a queue sort by genre, release date, etc. so you can resort or bump to the top stuff that is interesting.

Euler

It's great. I get DVDs in the mail and stream movies to my PC. The streaming quality isn't great, but it works when we've forgotten to drop our viewed movies in the mail and want something to watch anyway.

No complaints.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Oh, and they just added streaming to TiVo. Requires an HD-capable TiVo (HD, HDXL, or Series 3) and an unlimited class of Netflix account. Some titles are in high def, most are standard-def. I'm sorely tempted, we have a big honkin' FIOS connection, but with the physical DVDs I can watch on the TV, the computer, or the laptop, and I like that flexibility.

(or on the iPod, but that would violate copyright laws, so of course I never do that)

Geoff

Oh, and they just added streaming to TiVo. Requires an HD-capable TiVo (HD, HDXL, or Series 3) and an unlimited class of Netflix account. Some titles are in high def, most are standard-def. I'm sorely tempted, we have a big honkin' FIOS connection, but with the physical DVDs I can watch on the TV, the computer, or the laptop, and I like that flexibility.

(or on the iPod, but that would violate copyright laws, so of course I never do that)

I've never pushed videos to my iPod. The screen is too freakin' small. I use my notebook computer to watch video when I'm traveling.

mondeo

Love it, and the streaming works great for me. And you can stream through Xbox 360s now, too.

Just wish there were more movies available for streaming. And that my landlord-roomate didn't put the mail on hold until he gets back Jan. 5th...