• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Job

Hawkshot99

So if you were offered a promotion from your company, that would substantially raise your pay, be VERY close to good skiing and provide housing would you do it?:lol: Just need to move away from home for the first time and be away from most of your friends and family?

:daffy:

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
dude if i could i wouldnt think twice but unfortunatly there is only one city in the USA that is constantly opening new places and that here. if i moved anywhere i would probally take a 75% pay cut. which would mean i cant retire before 40.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My feeling is unless your still in High School, the sooner you move away from the comforts of home, the better. Builds character

My feeling is unless your still in High School, the sooner you move away from the comforts of home, the better. Builds character

The worst for me was when I moved back from Montana in 2004..I had less than $500 in the bank and lived at my parents house for 5 months...yes my parents house is alot more posh than any apartment but it became a real drag..especially when I'd meet a girl who'd ask if I lived alone or lived with roommates..since I lived with two 50something roommates. It's nice now because I can go over to their house for dinner and to play with the dogs once a week..

wa-loaf

So if you were offered a promotion from your company, that would substantially raise your pay, be VERY close to good skiing and provide housing would you do it?:lol: Just need to move away from home for the first time and be away from most of your friends and family?

Time to make some new friends. Get outta da house!

I have few regrets, but I did pass up on a couple chances to work at/near Vail back in the 90s. Sometimes I wish I had followed through on them.

frozencorn

How far away are we talking?

Otherwise, more money, better living, closer skiing.....um....yes?

ctenidae

I fail to see the dilemma.

Hawkshot99

I was just joking when i was questioning on if to do it or not. My new job is 50-75 yards away from the lifts at Jimney Peak. Plus a whole lot closer to mountains in VT.

Stop in the shop at Jimney and look for the new manager "Matt".:lol:

WJenness

I was just joking when i was questioning on if to do it or not. My new job is 50-75 yards away from the lifts at Jimney Peak. Plus a whole lot closer to mountains in VT.

Just what I figured... you were gloating... punk... :flame::flame:

Congrats... and good luck.

When are you setting up the AZ discount for the shop? ;-)

-w

Beetlenut

Congrats on the new job! Are they hiring assistants? To answer your first question,... are you kidding, in a heartbeat?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The only risk is moving out when not financially ready. I made that mistake and I'm still paying for it. But I still have no regrets about moving out on my 21st birthday. I look at my siblings, who stayed home much longer... and the difference is quite visible.

Congrats!!!! :beer: Hope it works out really well for you!

bvibert

Staff member
Congrats on the new job Hawkshot! I hope it doesn't keep you too busy to get out and enjoy the nearby slopes frequently.

Glenn

Congrats Matt! That sounds like a helluva oportunity. Keep us posted on how things go!

madman

Congrats! I did the same thing when I was 18 no regrets. My daughter is 19 and looking for a job and a new place to live can you help me uh I mean, her out.