• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

No Country for Old Men

koreshot

Watched it yesterday...

Wow. Wow. Unreal.

Walked out completely emotionally drained. Probably a top 10 movie of all time for me..

Dr Skimeister

Watched it yesterday...

Wow. Wow. Unreal.

Walked out completely emotionally drained. Probably a top 10 movie of all time for me..

We saw it last night too. Amazing movie. One of those movies my wife and I talked about all day today. Can't wait to see it again.

Coen brothers with another masterpiece.

Bumpsis

The movie is a great ride. I was happy to see that the Cohens stayed prety close to the book.
I've been a fan of Cormac McCarthy (book's author) for quite some time.
If you think that you don't have enough to feel grateful for, read his latest (? I think) book, "The Road".

koreshot

Yeah, us Belorussians have no taste in movies. But we do know our music. My favorite is Valeri Leontiev.

ValeriLeontiev3.jpg

skiNEwhere

Well the ending kinda caught me offguard, but agreed, one of the best movies i've seen in a longggg time

koreshot

Just found out it was nominated for 8 academy awards?

Dang.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Wow, biggest disappointment ever for me. Was looking forward to seeing this one after the reviews. I had specifically remembered this thread. This movie did nothing for me. I usually enjoy "these types" of films and as a point of reference for where I am coming from... I am an anti-blockbuster type movie watcher and love the Independent stuff (more often duds than amazing, but still would rather watch a sucky indie flick than a sucky blockbuster). Any ways.... big ole' *yawn* I didn't feel anything for these characters. Could not have cared less. Plot, eh. Theme... could have made a better movie around a good idea. I just didn't care about anything in this movie.

mondeo

Wow, biggest disappointment ever for me. Was looking forward to seeing this one after the reviews. I had specifically remembered this thread. This movie did nothing for me. I usually enjoy "these types" of films and as a point of reference for where I am coming from... I am an anti-blockbuster type movie watcher and love the Independent stuff (more often duds than amazing, but still would rather watch a sucky indie flick than a sucky blockbuster). Any ways.... big ole' *yawn* I didn't feel anything for these characters. Could not have cared less. Plot, eh. Theme... could have made a better movie around a good idea. I just didn't care about anything in this movie.
+1. Saw it a month or two ago. Monotonous movie.

Beetlenut

Something like "Into the Wild". I was bummed for a day after I watched that!