• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Off-season Steals

Tin

There are some great deals out there. Ebay and Amazon are flooded with brand new goggles, skis, bindings, and outerwear from last year.

So far I grabbed these of Amazon brand new for $48. Kali Kush so Scotty will like them. Finally want to try the mirror lens.
apparel-spy-optic-snow-eyewear-marshall-cali-kush-bronze-with-gold-mirror.jpg

And for the woman's November Christmas present I scooped these up with Marker Squires off Ebay. Bottoms are mint as are the top sheets. Paid just under $300 with shipping.

m9wJXK6kojnAEvFxaD3vuNA.jpg

Still looking for decent helmets and some poles I won't snap (went through 3 decent pairs last year).

xwhaler

I'm looking for new ski boots so will keep an eye out. Have been checking the usual suspects (skis.com, evo, L9) every week or so.

Edd

I've been scoping Blizzard Brahmas this week. I see a set for $399 new which is the best price I've seen. Very close to pulling the trigger.

JDMRoma

Scored these at the beginning of June, Icelantics on ebay $309 and Volkls at sport thoma $410, Dukes were $250 and $225 for the Jester Pro's........Im done and ready for the upcoming season !!

Attachments

• New-Ski's1.jpg
    New-Ski's1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 250
  • New-Ski's2.jpg
    New-Ski's2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 254

Cannonball

I stopped by Rodgers in Lincoln on Sunday. The ski deals were so absurdly good that I had to walk away.

Mishka, if you see this... They had sweet skis with demo bindings for less than the price of the bindings alone. You could probably buy them, sell the skis, and walk away with free bindings.

Brad J

Still looking for decent helmets and some poles I won't snap (went through 3 decent pairs last year).[/QUOTE]

Try finding Panda bamboo poles , my friend had them last year with no issues and he is very hard on equipment , tight woods skiing, have seen some on used sites

Tin

Scored these at the beginning of June, Icelantics on ebay $309 and Volkls at sport thoma $410, Dukes were $250 and $225 for the Jester Pro's........Im done and ready for the upcoming season !!

Wow, those Icelantics look great.

Tin

Still looking for decent helmets and some poles I won't snap (went through 3 decent pairs last year).

Try finding Panda bamboo poles , my friend had them last year with no issues and he is very hard on equipment , tight woods skiing, have seen some on used sites[/QUOTE]

Thanks, looking for something with a thumb guard sort of design after my awesome surgery this year.

mishka

Mishka, if you see this... They had sweet skis with demo bindings for less than the price of the bindings alone. You could probably buy them, sell the skis, and walk away with free bindings.
Thanks for the thoughts. I have several pairs of older pivots demos and 2 marker griffons demo enough for my " demo Center" I'm trying to cube will lose those two models of binding so all the saying and Interchangeable

oooo btw I "scored" new pair skis for next season

ScottySkis

I so would be buying and trying for the first times some ski and boots if I had job. Check out these sale prices over upcoming weekend and hopefully some A zoners score some great stuff.
2014-6-24_4thjuly_hb_default_both.jpg
http://www.evo.com/

Highway Star

Eh, maybe I'm not looking that hard, but I'm not seeing much in the way of interesting stuff or great deals poping up so far this summer. Did snag a pair of the original vintage green and orange scott WC's a couple weeks ago for pretty cheap though. And a great deal on a tablesaw from Lowes.

Deals I picked up in the last few years, mostly in season. Price new, per single item, cheap/free/includes shipping, no tax unless otherwise stated:

Salomon STH16 Steel bindings, 3x - $190 S&C
Head Boneshaker 191cm - $199 L9
Head Inferno 104 191cm - $249 L9
Stoic 1-Z suit - $180 S&C
Marmot Start House Insulated Jacket, 2x - ~$70 moosejaw and evo
Black Diamond Leather/Goretex/Thinsulate gloves various styles, 4x - $35-$40 S&C
Briko Odissey goggles, 8x - ~$20 ebay
Stockli Snake BC 188cm - $199 ebay (skiershop Stowe)
Stockli Stormrider XXXL 188cm - $199 ebay (skiershop Stowe)
Head Monster IM88 186cm '09 - $350 (last new pair I've seen on ebay)
Blizzard Bonafide 187cm - $450 shipped ebay (only new pair seen on discount after first season)
Elan Mantis M777 192cm -$70 ebay (factory seconds)
K2 Silencer 179cm - $180 rei
Full Tilt Konflict '14 - $320 ebay new without box
Misc rossi FKS (old style) - $40 to $60 used ebay
Misc scott worldcup poles - $30 to $50 used ebay
Oakley sunglasses w/iridium lenses 2x - $50 & $75, S&C and Oakley Vault

Deals that I passed on and regretted somewhat:

Salomon STH16 - $149 REI, Spring '13
Rossi Super 7 188 & 193 - $280 Level Nine, Fall of '14
Marmot Start House jacket - $50 S&C, Fall '13

Of course, I've picked up a few things on impulse and overpaid, or ended up not really needing the item. I have at least a couple pairs of of used skis I've bought but never skied on. Many of the new items above have not been used either, but they are being held in reserve.

Highway Star

I so would be buying and trying for the first times some ski and boots if I had job. Check out these sale prices over upcoming weekend and hopefully some A zoners score some great stuff.
2014-6-24_4thjuly_hb_default_both.jpg
http://www.evo.com/

They have the blizzard brahma in 173/180/187 for $425, which is a fantastic all around (hard snow to some soft snow) eastern ski. Also a full size run of the '14 full tilt first chairs (their top end boot) for $368.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Try finding Panda bamboo poles , my friend had them last year with no issues and he is very hard on equipment , tight woods skiing, have seen some on used sites

They're made by a few guys here in SLC. Afaik they're only local. That said, look online at some SLC shops like Second Tracks Sports.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
Re: trips instead of gear

That's what I'm thinking. Last year I bought my real pow skis...the Head Hammereds with Head/Tyrolia Mojo 15 bindings in the plastic shipped for $399. So my quiver is complete for now and if I buy anything more my wife will kill me.

Destinations I'd like to ski:

Big Sky
Jackson
Heavenly
Mammoth
Whistler
Revelstoke
Red Mountain
Sun Valley
Steamboat
Telluride

So I'm thinking experiences over gear. But there are always good deals.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone