• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Old Ski/Snow Country/Powder Magazines

So don't judge me, but I have a large assortment of older skiing mags that date from late 80's to probably 2015 or so. We're in the process of moving and as much as I'd love to keep these collections, it doesn't seem practical. I don't know exactly what the collection consists of, but know there are probably 100-200 mags. I'm not a hoarder, but just love the sport and have ended up with a much larger collection than I ever could've imagine. My office also includes many older lift tickets that I've kept as well as framed ski posters that represent the sport over the ages, but I'm torn about what to do?

So should I just trash these since everything is online now or do these actually have some value?

Thought I would reach out to the group of individuals who are passionate about the sport.

Thanks.

ne_skier

So don't judge me, but I have a large assortment of older skiing mags that date from late 80's to probably 2015 or so. We're in the process of moving and as much as I'd love to keep these collections, it doesn't seem practical. I don't know exactly what the collection consists of, but know there are probably 100-200 mags. I'm not a hoarder, but just love the sport and have ended up with a much larger collection than I ever could've imagine. My office also includes many older lift tickets that I've kept as well as framed ski posters that represent the sport over the ages, but I'm torn about what to do?

So should I just trash these since everything is online now or do these actually have some value?

Thought I would reach out to the group of individuals who are passionate about the sport.

Thanks.
They def have value, especially if they are on the older side. The newer ski tickets are probably worth nothing more than the paper they're printed on now, but the older ones could have some value, particularly if the ski area is either not operating now or if it's a well-known mountain. I currently have a ticket somewhere from when I skied Tuxedo Ridge, NY the year it closed permanently. Ski posters are valuable as well

jimmywilson69

I just pitched all of mine except for this seasons last fall. I figured someone would likely buy them, but I was too lazy to deal with selling them :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: