• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One ACL surgery... One missed season... One great day!

fluid164

I've been waiting since Feb 2013 to strap on the skis. Sitting out last season after an ACL surgery in Fall, it was killing me driving my kids to the slopes every weekend and waiting at the bottom.

Finally! I got out there at Windham today and it was heaven.... It didn't matter how the snow was; how much it cost....I was just incredibly thankful too be there. No lines, I got up and down like a machine.

I only started skiing in my forties, so, still an intermediate. I was nervous on my first run wondering if I could still do this and love it, not to mention fear of another tear. Well, it wasn't pretty, took some dives, but I survived and thrived.

... LOVE MY PHYSICAL THERAPIST!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416779206.906556.jpg

murff81

Rock on dude....glad you were able to get back to it!!!

prsboogie

Nothing like the first day back to get the stoke flowing, hope you have many, many more!!

Terry

Awesome! Glad you are back out at it. You gotta keep on plugging. I am skiing with 2 ruptured discs in my back, very little feeling in my left foot, plus I broke my left ankle in august. Today was my first day out and it felt good!

NotEasyBeingGreen

That is absolutely fantastic! Day 3 of my ski season last year ended in the sled of shame and the unhappy triad for the right knee. Cried heaving sobs not from pain but because I knew the season was toast. Terribly scared, anxious, excited to get back at it. Thinking a modest tequila shot will help.

Here's to your valiant return. May you enjoy health and a ridiculous amount of snow this year!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

prsboogie

You might get lucky to ski boot top deep pow on Friday, if your lucky enough to be off.

Tin

Great to hear. That is some tough PT work as well. My nightmares are not about death but about torn ACLs. This thread makes me worry a little less.

jimk

I've been waiting since Feb 2013 to strap on the skis. Sitting out last season after an ACL surgery in Fall, it was killing me driving my kids to the slopes every weekend and waiting at the bottom.

Finally! I got out there at Windham today and it was heaven.... It didn't matter how the snow was; how much it cost....I was just incredibly thankful too be there. No lines, I got up and down like a machine.

I only started skiing in my forties, so, still an intermediate. I was nervous on my first run wondering if I could still do this and love it, not to mention fear of another tear. Well, it wasn't pretty, took some dives, but I survived and thrived.

... LOVE MY PHYSICAL THERAPIST!

Inspirational post!