• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One quad burning

Edd

I've had a problem recently in which, after two days of skiing, one of my quads is significantly more sore than the other. I've heard of skiers with a quad burn having a back seat issue but only one is weird to me. And it's only recently.

Anyone else experience this?

hippiechick

??? I've had something similar from other activities, where something is sore/not 100% so my body automatically favors the other side... Sometimes you don't realize one side is being favored until you overwork it.... Just a thought....

bvibert

Staff member
Happens to me sometimes. I favor turning to one side especially in sketchy situations where I'm tense.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Do you think it might be that you're favoring one leg due to the ACL injury a couple of years ago and you're not realizing it?

Edd

Do you think it might be that you're favoring one leg due to the ACL injury a couple of years ago and you're not realizing it?

The sore quad is on the injured leg so i don't think so. However, I think there are a couple of fundamental problems with my skiing, one being I don't think I ski "tall", at least sometimes. I'm wondering if I fail to support myself with my skeleton and rely on muscle with at least the sore leg being bent too much? Not sure if I'm making sense.

If the weather's decent next Monday I'm taking a very long overdue lesson at Cannon. I got beat up at Sugarbush this week.