• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Online Trolls are Actually Sociopaths in Real Life

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
http://arstechnica.com/science/2014...line-trolls-are-horrible-people-also-sadists/

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-and-sadists-psychologists-claim-9134396.html

In a survey conducted by the group of psychologists, people who partake in so-called trolling online showed signs of sadism, psychopathy, and were Machiavellian in their manipulation of others and their disregard for morality.

The researchers defined online trolling as “the practice of behaving in a deceptive, destructive, or disruptive manner in a social setting on the Internet” for no purpose other than their pleasure.

So, you know. watch your back and stuff.

:popcorn:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sorry Nick, but I think that most folks probably assumed that....

D-Documents-and-Settings-mason-smallly-desktop-captain_obvious_RE_Evolution-s241x323-54668-resized-600.png

skiNEwhere

I wonder what snow lovers take is on this. Or am I trolling simply by saying that? :)

ScottySkis

Harvey he posted the same stuff about Jay can't possibly get more then snowy ridge a lot of the posts thread s from him got locked I try find some classic he was on AZ twice as banned member before he got banned for good.

Cornhead

His name is Powder Ass, need I say more? Well, technically Powder Assassin, but everyone calls him Powder Ass, or Pow Ass. If the shoe fits.

Geoff

His name is Powder Ass, need I say more? Well, technically Powder Assassin, but everyone calls him Powder Ass, or Pow Ass. If the shoe fits.

I've fortunately managed to completely miss this one. A quick google of "Powder Assassin" skiing turns up that toolbox PowderAssassin. Clicking to see his recent posts turned up this gem of a thread started by PowderAssassin last week:

While skiing, Ever bust someone's teeth out?

Warp Daddy

So while science confirms what we all knew the best strategy is to IGNORE these people and do not give them the attention or reactionthey seek . If respond you must keep it short and then ignore . these types are actually quite sad and definitely have issues.

Not talking bout good natured ball busters , just the anti social , overly contentious and offensively negative personality type . Simply not worth the energy