• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PA folks...anyone put their kids in the Blue bump program?

tnt

Thinking about the four week bump program at Blue for our daughters. Anyone have any experience with it? Price is certainly right.

4aprice

Good for Blue pushing this. Other areas in the region could use this kind of management style. One thing about Blue is the Cat Driver that seeds their bumps does an excellent job. Look forward to being there the 1st weekend in February.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

tnt

Yeah, it's great that they embrace the bumps.

I think it was two seasons ago they seeded Challenger for a contest - that was a downright legit bump run.

Camelback used to leave a few blues bumped, but they didn't last season. Hope they will this year.

4aprice

Yeah, it's great that they embrace the bumps.

I think it was two seasons ago they seeded Challenger for a contest - that was a downright legit bump run.

Camelback used to leave a few blues bumped, but they didn't last season. Hope they will this year.

Barney's Bumps have always been fantastic. (wouldn't mind seeing them extended further down Main Street)

This will be my last year as a Camelback pass holder after 10 years. My son is a senior in high school and its his last year in the racing program. They do some things well and other things I wish they would improve. Bump skiing would fall into the latter category. In the past Lower Cleopatra was a really fun bump run but the last 2 years not so much. I give them a pass for 2010-2011 due to the lousy weather but last year was really disappointing. There has been talk of moving some low angle bumps from L Cleo over to one side of Rodo Glen which I think would be a fantastic idea (Rodo probably has the best snowmaking guns on the entire mountain) but change seems to come slow at CBK. They also can't seem to decide between Asp and Rocket for a more challenging bump run. While I would prefer Asp, the better snowmaking equipment is on Rocket. The real treat would be seeded bumps down the skiers right of Cliffhanger, but the current snowmaking they have on the trail would not be suitable. The real problem is they don't currently seed them the way Blue does. I've badgered them over the years about this but seeing as its my last year there have decided to rest my case. We will see what happens this year.

I (We) really enjoyed our years there. It was a great place to raise the kids and I will always look back fondly on it. I love the mountain and there are a lot of really great people there including management. I will most likely purchase at least a 3 pack each season just to go up there and ski with and see friends. Didn't really mean to take thread off topic but you brought up CBK so I had to say my peace. Blue bump clinics seem like a good idea.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

radskier

Sounds interesting. I may need to check out Blue just for the bumps

tarponhead

Blue has two bump programs; one for newbies (bump wise) and one for more advanced. Greg Stahl is the instructor, excellent bump teacher and very passionate about bumps. Last year they threw in an extra week of lessons just because. I am taking the advanced program again this year. If you think your daughters would really enjoy it then by all means go for it. Also inquire about drop-in days. I will be doing that for the second half of the season as I will be traveling a lot then.

Blue in general has a great bump culture. At one point we had main st. , nightmare, challenge and chute all bumped at the same time.

tarponhead

One thing about Blue is the Cat Driver that seeds their bumps does an excellent job. Look forward to being there the 1st weekend in February.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
That is because they let Chris ride with the cat op to show him how it should be done :)))

tnt

Blue has two bump programs; one for newbies (bump wise) and one for more advanced. Greg Stahl is the instructor, excellent bump teacher and very passionate about bumps. Last year they threw in an extra week of lessons just because. I am taking the advanced program again this year. If you think your daughters would really enjoy it then by all means go for it. Also inquire about drop-in days. I will be doing that for the second half of the season as I will be traveling a lot then.

Blue in general has a great bump culture. At one point we had main st. , nightmare, challenge and chute all bumped at the same time.

I think it was two years ago - maybe three - we just a happened to be there for the spring bump contest on Challenge. We were able to ski the bumps in the am for an hour or so before they roped off the course. It was great to have steep bumps. And that year they were nice and deep and big...

Last year was tough - not enough natural snow really to let anything grow.

They should definitely let chute bump up because other wise, that's just a steep patch of ice that causes collisions on Main Street IMO....

But the fact that they embrace bumps really gives them a leg up IMO. We often choose Blue over Camelback solely based on the opportunity to ski some bumps - even if they are small....

Seems to me Shawnee lets a few of their lower steep pitches stay bumped up, but they are usually covered in ice.