• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pedroia Rules!

Rushski

Dustin Pedroia wins the AL MVP for his stellar 2008 season. This on top of being the AL Rookie of the Year last year.

Plus: 2008 Gold Glove, 2008 Silver Slugger, voted onto 2008 All-Star roster.

Kid is an amazing talent and they better keep him around for a long while.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Since I focus a bit more on the "valuable" end of the equation, I was partial to Mussina (where would the team have been without him?), but Pedroia is a pretty solid choice.

Man, must be feeling pretty good to be Dustin these days....

drjeff

Just across the wires,
coco_crisp.jpg
traded to KC for Ramirez, relief pitcher Ramon Ramirez that is ;)

Mildcat

I hope he doesn't lose that chip on his shoulder. He's made it work for him at every level he's played.

WJenness

Since I focus a bit more on the "valuable" end of the equation, I was partial to Mussina (where would the team have been without him?), but Pedroia is a pretty solid choice.

Man, must be feeling pretty good to be Dustin these days....

The Yanks would have ended up in the same spot as they did with Mussina... out of the playoffs.

-w

Geoff

I don't think Pedroia deserved the Gold Glove. He's not the best second baseman in the AL. He's a very good 2nd baseman who happens to hit the hell out of the baseball.

It's nice to see a 'little guy' win the MVP award since it usually goes to a power hitter like Bonds, Vlad, or ARod. He's Pete Rose without the baggage. Pedroia had an amazing August and carried the team for a month when a bunch of players were injured and Manny was traded.

WJenness

I don't think Pedroia deserved the Gold Glove. He's not the best second baseman in the AL. He's a very good 2nd baseman who happens to hit the hell out of the baseball.

It's nice to see a 'little guy' win the MVP award since it usually goes to a power hitter like Bonds, Vlad, or ARod. He's Pete Rose without the baggage. Pedroia had an amazing August and carried the team for a month when a bunch of players were injured and Manny was traded.

Pedroia's defense was pretty darn good this year... who would you have given it to over him?

That said, gold glove awards are usually a joke anyway... they tend to end up being given out more on reputation than accomplishments in the season they're being given out for.

It was nice to see him win the MVP, he had a great year.

-w