• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Phish Summer Tour 2013

phin

Any phans on AZ hitting any phish shows this summer?

I'll be trekking up to Bangor, ME (7/3) and then shooting across VT for the 3 night run at SPAC (7/5-7/7). Boom! Can't f'n wait.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Personally, I like to see them sober. It helps me get to that 'place'.

Are you the dude from Bittersweet Motel walking the streets of Europe? :lol:

No shows this tour for me. Don't have the time to commute despite having tickets available to SPAC for me.

phin

Are you the dude from Bittersweet Motel walking the streets of Europe? :lol:

No shows this tour for me. Don't have the time to commute despite having tickets available to SPAC for me.

Haha, I love that movie. Especially the fan interviews.

Here is a great site to stream phish shows: http://www.phishtracks.com/

and the dead: https://listentothedead.com/

For me, nothing beats a cup of coffee in the morning and live dead/phish.

I pulled the trigger on the Denver shows too. Quick trip from Boston, 3 shows, fly home. :flag: AND then ski season will be near(er).

dmc

I'm at..
SPAC...Jones Beach..Lake Tahoe...Hollywood Bowl..

Denver is a maybe.. I may be Phished out by then...

dmc

Third night SPAC rocked my world... Face Melting rock and roll...

wow... One of the best shows I've seen in 3.0....

Jones Beach next!!!!!

dmc

Toronto show postponed tonight due to them getting hammered with flooding rain last night...
BOOOOO!! No couch tour ....

dmc

Jones Beach Phish was GREAT!!!! Rain hard... But we stuck it out..

They are just on fire this summer... crazy good...

ScottySkis

Phish announced their fall schedule yesterday includes playing in Glen Falls and 3 days in Atlantic City.:)

phin

Bangor was great vibes and good people.

The city did a real good job at turning their head away from the pre-show shenanigans. With that being said, everything stayed orderly and peaceful but fun at the same time. My crew decided to setup shop and enjoy some tasty brews in a park that sat between the venue and the Penobscot river -- it really couldn't get any better and the weather was great. The Jauntee, a band from the Boston area, played a preshow gig on a boat in the river so we were able to tune into that the entire time.

Overall, the venue was a bit disjointed for my taste. Difficult to maneuver around and the beer situation wasn't that convenient, all minor stuff really. What really matters is that the sound was AMAZING and the light show Kuroda put on was nothing short of awesome. I was able to sneak up close Mike side and enjoyed the bombs being dropped. As for the musical highlights, the Mike's Song -> Silent in the Morning -> Weekapaug Groove 1st set closer and the Golden Age 2nd set opener were straight fire. The Mike's was definitely one of the most extended versions of 3.0. I definitely recommend listening to both:

http://www.phishtracks.com/#shows/2013-07-03

The real jam happened before the show even started though. The soundcheck that Phish threw down was one of the best jams I've heard in a while and the venue was so close to shakedown that it was easily heard. I was able to get my hands on a choppy recording, but it still does it justice. I put it on my soundcloud so it's available for streaming:

https://soundcloud.com/thephin/afternoon-jam

phin

Wooohooo! Fall tour is my favorite.

I will be on board from Hampton through Hartford. I can't wait for those mid-week NY shows.

dmc

Wooohooo! Fall tour is my favorite.

I will be on board from Hampton through Hartford. I can't wait for those mid-week NY shows.

Only Hampton and AC for me... :( My company convention is that week..

But there are rumors that more dates will be announced....
hearing slome Albany rumblings... And others..