• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pilates

SKIQUATTRO

thinking about doing Pilates a few times a weeking in addition to my regular workouts...good core/isometric workout...i did Bikram Yoga a few months ago...one of the hardest workouts i ever did...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Definitely going to be helpful. I keep meaning to get back into that and yoga but I get so wrapped up in other stuff that I forget. :oops: Anything that will strengthen the core and improve balance will be useful in sports. Enjoy! You'll have sore abs for the first few days, but it's a good kind of soreness. :D

mismatched

thinking about doing Pilates a few times a weeking in addition to my regular workouts...good core/isometric workout...i did Bikram Yoga a few months ago...one of the hardest workouts i ever did...

I love pilates but had a tough time sticking to a program. Even though I dont still do it, pilates has helped me with concentrating on keeping my stomach tight when doing other exercises. The problem i have with yoga and pilates is they are too slow moving for me, even though it is hard, i still get bored. I should try it again though b/c it is a great fricken workout.