• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

skiur

If you agree with YouTube's policy you are on the same slippery slope as they are, skidding right into having the media control the world with whatever belief they want us to believe while hiding most of what they don't want us to see.
IMO I think government should step in when this happens and I am rarely ever in favor of that.

I don't agree with the policy, but I do believe they have the right to have that policy. It's their company not the governments.

asnowmobiler

I don't agree with the policy, but I do believe they have the right to have that policy. It's their company not the governments.
The problem is that their propaganda can and is often dangerous for our country. I am definitely not for more government control but it is needed when national security is at risk.

cdskier

I only agree to a point...there need to be some limits of how far a private company can go when that company is essentially open to the public. Should Verizon Wireless be able to block access to make phone calls to people with AT&T (or even simply decrease the call quality for those particular calls)? Should an ISP be able to block access to ski websites if their CEO hates cold and snow?

I very much disagree with over-regulation by the government. But there are cases where some regulation on what private companies can do is needed and justified.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Please take the Covid / Youtube comments to the other threads . Scotty will appreciate it ,he gets a bit territorial [emoji2]

Can't wait to ski Platty again [emoji481]
While I know you are joking, it certainly would be nice to confine such discussions. We don't need three different threads talking about the same crap.

Back to your regularly scheduled Platty discussion.

I'm not taking the time to read through and delete a bunch of off topic stuff. I am asking people to keep at least reasonably on track with the thread's topic.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

ScottySkis

Bump again because I posted this yesterday morning before it got hyjack about u tube.
I think it's a nice offer for next year season pass holder

"To our Plattekill Skiers and Riders: to help ease stresses regarding next winter and season passes, we are extending “early season” season pass deadlines for lowest rates from April 30 to October 15. We hope this will allow time for everyone to have more clarity on what next season will look like. Plus we’ve also added extra securities too. For full post, https://www.plattekill.com/tickets/#season-pass.
Stay strong, we will be stronger."

ScottySkis

We’re hard at work widening up Powderpuff trail. #trailwork #keepingitreal #myplatty #catskills @ Plattekill Mountain

BenedictGomez

Widening Powerpuff seems an odd effort. I think it's wide enough, especially given Platty's volume. If it was Mount Snow I'd sing an entirely different tune, but even on Platty's busiest days I've never thought Powerduff wasnt suffiently spacious for beginner skiers.

cdskier

Reminds me of the local slate quarries in pa. Had lots of fun swimming as a kid but pretty dangerous places.
Maybe I just assumed it was intended for snow making? It was pretty deep the last time I went by.

I swear I read an article at some point where that was the original intention of that deep pit...

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
The original intent of the pit was to provide raw materials for roads after the hurricane/tropical storm.

Significant money would be needed to make the pit waterproof. I believe you line the bottom with several inches of clay.