• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

Cornhead

You can pretty much have your tips a few inches from the person in front of you in line and be "socially distant". Especially since you are outside.
This, if you were to actually contract Covid from a ski lift que, I'd be surprised. Other essential activities seem much more dangerous to me, working, grocery shopping, soliciting a prostitute.😁

abc

You can pretty much have your tips a few inches from the person in front of you in line and be "socially distant".
YOU can have you tips a a few inches from the tail of the person in front.

But you can't control what the person behind you are doing. Friday at Mount Snow, the guy behind me decided to put his tip next to my binding!

tnt1234

Looks like a nice storm mid week for the cats and another on sunday?

Bell skied great saturday. Pretty good Sunday as well but they closed some of the better trails for snowmaking.

tnt1234

Are we treating this thread like a combined Belle/Platty thread?

What's the deal with the cliffs under the Tomahawk at Belle? Looks like they don't weed-whack them any more. Should be enough snow up there now for them to be in play, but the stiff weed/trees made those cliffs tricky last year.

A few years ago after a great stretch of snow, I remember those being super nice to ski and the weed trees all down - they must have weed whacked that summer....

ScottySkis

Are we treating this thread like a combined Belle/Platty thread?

What's the deal with the cliffs under the Tomahawk at Belle? Looks like they don't weed-whack them any more. Should be enough snow up there now for them to be in play, but the stiff weed/trees made those cliffs tricky last year.

A few years ago after a great stretch of snow, I remember those being super nice to ski and the weed trees all down - they must have weed whacked that summer....
No please make a bell thread
This is only for platy please post in different thread for bell

ScottySkis

Well truth be told, I wad just tired of seeing my favorite Catskills hill information be put in to someone else's trip report, for Bell, and your not the only knew person going lol, but I thought of you and others when I came up with this ideas. Have fun tomorrow, dont get a bagel at Platty their not as good as yours. Go to Bar upstairs look at the view.:):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::)
GPS may or may not get you to Plattekill, ski left side expert and intermediate more natural snow base here. Right side is beginning and blue easier side. Have fun in the powder. Take a run for me. Food in bar is better choice then lodge food.:):)
I can't find the trip report for that other hill unfortunately that got me to start this awesome thread

ScottySkis

Plattekill epic love all time thread

:thumbup:From Kingston (potterbrothers stores and in Hudson Valleys locations sells discount tickets and flex tickets online to. Several stores, Kingston one on Rte. 28 opens at 8am to selling discount tickets for here and others hills.

Directions
Rte. 28 West the correct direction, see signs for Bell and Platty go approximately 40 minutes stay on 28 West. See Bell coming up happily stay in right lane and smiles, your go 20 minutes to platty( no traffic, stay with in speed limits on this journey. Okay coming to Arkville, pass through smallest town ever. Make right turn ( see small signs for Platty. Go half mike maybe then Rte 30 Platty go right here. Margrtrille is to the left, supermarket in town makes egg,cheese, bacon and roll, at 745am everyday. Follow a few miles to Platty mountain road sign, Make Left here. Go slow first timers. Dirt kind road. Follow for plattty signs still, conme to the fork and take it, .go Left see siign stop at stop sign follow road to the end and you see st the end of the road Platty, park go inside and put stuff on in the lodge, no one will take anything have fun first Times A zoners. Anyone else feel free to please put information here to.
Bump for natsiolia

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Shared this this am on our forum, about tomorrow, from a source I trust to give it to me straight:

"Monday rental was light (groomers only clients) and today's rental was cancelled. Guessing 4-6 new this week.

IMO skiing will be good for hearty skiers. Will be cold, but Plattekill is pretty wind protected, and the trees are warm.

Sorry I can't be there, have a great day tomorrow."

JimG.

Staff member
Shared this this am on our forum, about tomorrow, from a source I trust to give it to me straight:

"Monday rental was light (groomers only clients) and today's rental was cancelled. Guessing 4-6 new this week.

IMO skiing will be good for hearty skiers. Will be cold, but Plattekill is pretty wind protected, and the trees are warm.

Sorry I can't be there, have a great day tomorrow."
Pretty much what I was hoping for.

slatham

Next week's storm might start with rain.

To be clear, the storm at the END of next week might have questionable precipitation type (still a week+ away). The Monday/Tuesday storm will unquestionably be snow. Are they doing Powderdaize this year? Certainly a chance for 6"....

ScottySkis

To be clear, the storm at the END of next week might have questionable precipitation type (still a week+ away). The Monday/Tuesday storm will unquestionably be snow. Are they doing Powderdaize this year? Certainly a chance for 6"....
I not sure about midweek powder day I would think not but will try to find out