• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Please Join us for the 2014 East Coast Meet

Mpdsnowman

Please join us for our 7th Annual

2014 East Coast Ski/Snowboard Meet

Thursday February 27th thru Tuesday March 4th 2014

image002.jpg

Come along for our 7th year in a row as we do this meet in the most epic way possible! We have reserved once again the 800 and 900 blocks of slopeside condominiums (ride/ski in, ride/ski out) with everything you need!

image004.jpg

These condominiums are located literally at the tram base (across from the moon glades) Ride/Ski in and Ride/ski out at your convenience! Take advantage of being right there. Enjoy the events the resort has planned to the fullest. No driving worries, no loading and un loading of gear. First and last trax every day! Once we are there we are all set!

Package price:
$625.00 Per Person (Single)
$610.00 Per Person (Group Condo)
Must be 21

Package Includes:
5 nights lodging in a slopeside condominium
image006.jpg

6 days of Lift tickets
image008.jpg

6 days of full waterpark access
image010.jpg

Plus!
Opening night buffet dinner (sponsored by Moe’s Southwest grill)
image011.jpg

Evening mardi gras keg parties with all the beer, non-alcoholic and snacks (sponsored by Magic Hat Brewery)
image012.jpg

And Much Much More!

Download our 2014 PDF Brochure:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23274091/2014 east coast meet word brochure.pdf

Get in early and download the registration form now!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23274091/registration form.doc

Never seen the place?? Learn about Jay Peak:

Deposits

Bookings start August 1, 2013. The First non refundable deposit of $200.00 per person ($600.00 for group condos) must be sent in along with the registration form.

The Second deposit of $200.00 per person is due by November 1st.
The Third and final balance of $225.00 is due by January 15th.

(For group condos second and third payments will be $255.00 per person)

Roster information

Once we receive your completed registration form you will be added to the roster as “committed”. Once we receive your initial non refundable deposit you will be changed to “confirmed” and guaranteed your spot for the meet.

Due to the high volume of interest particularly with the group condos I suggest you get your deposits along with the registration form in once August 1st bookings start.

Roster Update as of September 27th, 2013

9 Members committed
1 Member Confirmed

2 Group Condos committed
2 Group Condos confirmed
(six per condo)

Special Events

Growler BIG AIR competition 2014!

807800635_xKskG-M.jpg

Once again were going back to the rock @ green beret and take flight in our very own growler big air competition!

Demo Days
gilly1.jpg

index%7E%7Eelement59.jpg

You want Never Summer, we got it! Thanks to Gilly’s, we will again have a selection of boards to demo during the meet. This is your opportunity to learn to ride the boards you always wanted to and get updated information!

Spots are limited and you dont want to miss the most epic Ski and Snowboard meet the internet could ever conceive!!!

7 Years and still finding stash spots!

733824_468426526544694_1584502658_n.jpg

Check back here to this original post for more updated information as we get closer. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask in here or pm me.

Additional information and updagtes can be found on my facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Epic-Snowboarding-Meets/154554981265185

Last edited:

Mpdsnowman

Lol it is a great trip. A nice package. What I do is update that original post with the roster updates and other information as we get closer. The real deal about this trip is weather your a skier, rider, or both and regardless of your experience level you really do come out better when you ride in groups and deal with the terrain together. Its very unique and if one has never been to jay be it on this trip or another you really should check it out. We start the threads early to give people time to clear their schedules.

But the package is awesome and your right there ground zero....

I still have to add to the op. I justed wanted to post it up because bookings started lol.

Heres a vid from last year...

gmcunni

how many people in a group condo?

if there were a non-skier or two in a group could $$ be adjusted?

Mpdsnowman

how many people in a group condo?

if there were a non-skier or two in a group could $$ be adjusted?

There are six people per condo. If someone does not ski/ride they will adjust the pricing. We had a pregnant girl come along with her husband last year and it ended up being a couple of hundred bucks or so for the week. What they get would be lodging, full access to waterpark, opening night buffet and the beer/soda for the week.

And there are some things non skiers can do. The guy last year got her a massage and she really liked it. I mean theres enough to keep the busy, plus they are right there with everyone and the condos are 200 yards from the tram and people from the group are always around. Being there a week you can really wind down and enjoy yourself.

Another nice thing is you will be with people who really know the place. Not that others on here do not however over the years we tend to find heavy stash spots..and we know how to get out of em lol...

Slo Mo

In the past it was always 21+, I would guess that will continue this year. It really is a great trip with the people, mountain, snow. It has become the highlight of my winter even though the drive is boring and not exactly fun without awd or winter tires. Can't wait for my 3rd year in a row, if anyone has any questions at all about my experience don't hesitate to pm me.

Mpdsnowman

Thanks Mo lol good to see ya!

It has always been a 21 plus rule basically because there is beer there and it was an internet thing. I have done meets out west where people do bring their kids, kids being they can ski or ride to the avg one would expect.

This particular trip all started by renting houses in Alpine Haven down the road from the resort. Being an internet based trip we keep it to adults because of the experience which is gained thru the whole week. However I would not have much of an issue with someone at 19-20 age (or within range) as long as they were part of a specific group condo where the parent is involved. That I have had, my own son lol...I did modify the op for 21plus. Im just in the process of adding more details..

The thing I like about the trip is your right there and I dont have to start my car for a week (until they tell us to move them so they can plow) and the people over the years have been tremendous. If you go to my facebook page you can see many who have gone and return in the past. I could go on about the quality of the people who go on this. Thats why its lasted this long. And they make friends for life so thats a plus.

Lol but the best is we luck out. We book this trip this time every year and if you look past history we get snow like this....

Last edited:

dlague

This is a great package! We are always up there around this time of year and have experienced dumps even two years ago when the rest of NE got nothing (51" in three days that year)! We will be there again with some friends so we will have to see if notice the group! There are two events that will bookend that trip which some may want to consider Hope on the Slopes (American Cancer Society) to raise money for a good cause and Ride and Ski apres ski party!

Mpdsnowman

Yea I remember that dump. I was nervous lol. Not a flake the whole winter long in the entire region and just three days before almost 5 feet of snow lol. This trip usually would coincide with their mardi gras. Last year they moved that up two weeks to he real mardi gras but I think they may push it back to the original like in the past.

185736_1304035218875_6385567_n.jpg

dlague

Yea I remember that dump. I was nervous lol. Not a flake the whole winter long in the entire region and just three days before almost 5 feet of snow lol. This trip usually would coincide with their mardi gras. Last year they moved that up two weeks to he real mardi gras but I think they may push it back to the original like in the past.

185736_1304035218875_6385567_n.jpg

That's right they did move it up! That was some of the best skiing I every experienced. Hope to run into some of you! The video I watched - was that Andre's Paradise?

Mpdsnowman

You will see us. We wear orange strips on our clothing so in case someone gets lost lol. Part of that vid is Andres. With everything we shoot and vid we try and get all the trails posted...Lol obviously thats an easier said than done thing..

429550_1952550871361_2025618556_n.jpg

I must admit, I like looking at these photos now because were really not far away

Last edited:

Mpdsnowman

Here is a private webpage I put up for the meet. This is the page I update all the time with new and important information on the trip. If you are interested in going it might not be a bad idea to bookmark this page and check back every now and then. Feel free to pass the link onto anyone you may know who is interested in a trip like this as well. With the new group condo package this webpage might be a good tool in explaining the trip because it has all the links, printouts, forms and fun stuff so people can be fully updated with a simple click of the browser.

This format was created because a lot of the members who go don't necessarily frequent forums, facebook etc. Just another good communication tool

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23274091/Welcome to the 2014 East Coast Meet.htm

Huck_It_Baby

I only live about an hour from Jay so I don't need the lodging but I would love to come ski with you guys and hit your big air comp!

625 is a pretty great deal for slope side lodging, lift tickets and water park! Nice!

Mpdsnowman

And all the beer too lol Lol I like to boast this as the best priced trip in the country lol...But it is a good deal and an honest one too. Yea come join us you will find us for sure. We usually do the big air off the green beret rock if conditions are right.

180726_154708081249875_1520266_n.jpg

IMG_2294-M.jpg