• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pow day yesterday...

JD

Website
hotmail.com
NewHaven10-26.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
Looks like it was a little on the wet side. I prefer my pow to be a little more fluffy...

JD

Website
hotmail.com
JD this video you posted was so gnarly..I don't think I'm a strong enough swimmer for that..but it's sort of like a big waterslide..

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Not really a gnarly run, just fun. It's easier then it looks, and yes, it's like a big waterslide. I wouldn't want to swim it though, although I have some swims on it...out of the crux rapid called play pen.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Nice video, that looks like fun! Nice slide towards the end of the video, I also like at around 1:55 the red kayak mounts up on a rock and then backs back into the current.

Funny because I just took off my kayak racks today!

JD

Website
hotmail.com
That's a real fun pillow move, I end up going left there into the eddy. The race line is right, missing the pillow. Yesterday you could boof over that boulder.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
at first after i opened the thread i wasn't to happy with ya. but that middle section looks hella fun. looks like there are an ton of lines you could take thru that section. so i kinda forgive you.

I try to stoke skiers on boating because, as a powder junkie, I know you would all be hooked! Unfortunately, people always find reasons they "can't" instead of ways they "can" experience new things...particularly when they get old like us.