• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Questions for Cannon insiders

mr magoo

I have 2 questions.

I have read the Cannon website since the 3/13 storm boasting 100% open every day. I finally got there yesterday hoping to hit Kinsman and Tramline first runs of the day only to find them roped off. Why lie? They are listed as open today. There was plenty of snow to be found and I had a great day in the other glades.

In Mittersil, I ran into some woods lines with ribbons in the trees. One nice fall line had yellow ribbons, another had reds. Any idea what is in mind?

Thanks for sharing any info or opinion.
Mike

Quietman

I drove by Cannon yesterday at 1pm and saw lots of skiers going down tramline, at least 20 or more. :dontknow:

xwhaler

I think they rope Kinsman/Tramline at 2:30 every afternoon but maybe they wait a bit first thing in the AM as well while they get around the taking other ropes off. I drove by Cannon around 2:15 yesterday and saw ppl on Tramline.

JDMRoma

I was there all day yesterday......they were both open, But I didnt go by first thing in the am !

Cannonball

I think they rope Kinsman/Tramline at 2:30 every afternoon but maybe they wait a bit first thing in the AM as well while they get around the taking other ropes off. I drove by Cannon around 2:15 yesterday and saw ppl on Tramline.

^this (though not usually as early as 2:30).

Depending on where you were in Mittersill the marked trees may have been part of their clearing plan for the upcoming snowmaking install and trail opening in coordination with FSC

mbedle

It might have to do with tree maintenance or the restrictive activities allowed on the upper portions of the Mittersil area.

SIKSKIER

Why lie?Both were definately open yesterday.I talked to my Cannon Ski Patrol friend and he says they close those around 3 and have to check them in the morning before reopening.

Last edited:

Puck it

The tape on the trees has been for the last two years. I do not think it has anything to do with the FSC plans becuase they are in odd locations to be asscociated with the expansion.

mr magoo

You guys are right. I checked at 8:45 and again around at 9:30. Then went and beat myself up elsewhere. I went by again late in the day but wouldn't have tried with diminished legs. Ropes were up again. Had great fun in the other glades. Snow was deep.