• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged March 19-20, 2016

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Date(s) Skied: March 19&20, 2016

Resort or Ski Area: Ragged Mt., Danbury, NH

Conditions: Meh! But that’s nothing new this season.

After missing 3 weekends with a bad chest cold I finally got to Ragged for their closing weekend. Some photos...

Full disclosure: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabibob/albums/72157666218808586

Top of Showboat snow gnarwales by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr

Closer look by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr

Looking down Headwall by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr

Village Green by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr

hammer

At least they made it this long...actually I've been impressed with how long a number of smaller ski areas made it to this season. Here's hoping they have better conditions to work with next year.

xwhaler

Pond Skimming was this past Saturday. Fantastic coverage all things considered. Had a nice day with my family there on Saturday and throughout this season.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Pond Skimming was this past Saturday. Fantastic coverage all things considered. Had a nice day with my family there on Saturday and throughout this season.
One of these days, xwhaler, we'll take a run or two. One of these days....

becca m

Define no bells and whistles, does that mean midweek only?
Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

NO - that means no early load and no other discounts... a really good deal!!! No blackout dates! But, there is a limited supply of these passes. They were taking a LOT Of calls last Saturday when I bought mine.

The Pond Skim was fun to watch (the poor wetsuit guy who assisted people who dropped skis in!) until someone did indeed overshoot the landing - kind of put a damper on things that were already pretty chilly!!! :) BUT, a terrific effort on Ragged's part!!!!! I love Ragged!!!!

Robbski

Thanks for the heads up on the pass. Still available as of Wed at 2:00 pm. Just grabbed one. The women I spoke to said they have sold 800 so far.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Thanks for the heads up on the pass. Still available as of Wed at 2:00 pm. Just grabbed one. The women I spoke to said they have sold 800 so far.
My guess is that 1000 is their goal. That would raise a quarter mil and generate a positive buzz for next season.

becca m

I wonder why Ragged hasn't posted season pass rates online yet?

xwhaler

The pass with benefits is interesting. Not sure they sell many of those. I got one for my wife and I last wknd at the mtn. My son will be in a seasonal lesson program for next season as well. 1:15 from home and 15 mins from a family 2nd home we can stay at anytime.

No brainer for us. If Ragged gets the snow and glades are in it is the best skiing South of Cannon in NH IMHO

Last edited: