• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged or Sunappee

soposkier

After the storm, what would one guess would be a better bet for glades. Never skiied ragged glades before but have heard good things. Going solo so i can lap the single lines all day.

deadheadskier

Staff member
probably similar conditions. Ragged has more gladed terrain than Sunapee. Both got hit with rain on Thursday and will be tracked out. So, if you're still expecting powder you'll be out of luck.

I'm a Ragged skier, but probably would opt for Sunapee due to what I'm sure are epic bumps right now.

SteveInCT

After the storm, what would one guess would be a better bet for glades. Never skiied ragged glades before but have heard good things. Going solo so i can lap the single lines all day.

I went to Ragged yesterday and it was AMAZING!! It was puking on the mountain all day and there were no lines (which is amazing in itself since it was a Saturday). The trees were awesome! I know this is probably a little late, but if you can go today, you should!!

Puck it

Sunapee was good also but everything was tracked out by 1pm. Glades were good. Sunrise had a lot of ice under the new snow. All of the others were fine. Bumps were awesome. Used the Icelantics Nomads all day yesterday.

Tin Cup skied pretty well until the bottom where you make the taverse out. It was powder on top of grabby crust.