• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Report from the Southland

amf

I know, I know... its not considered the northeast, but almost heaven West Virginia is too good to be overlooked. The snow looked pretty good at Snowshoe on T-day, but I just could not see paying $45 to Intrawest for four runs on snow that had been touched by the hand of man. Travelled a few miles north to Guadineer Knob & had over 12" of pure white stuff as only Ullr can make it. Toured about the ridge line for an hour or so along the Allegheny Trail, & had a blissful descent of about 1500' vertical back down the forest road to the highway. Not enough snow to bridge the larger stream crossings, but who's complaining?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Good report. We really like hearing about other places in the Northeast such as WV. Awesome! Any pics?