• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Role Call: Pats game tonight

WJenness

Who's going to the Pats game tonight?

DrJeff I assume? BobR?

My roommate was gifted a pair of tickets over the weekend so I'll be there. Any AZ tailgating happening?

I've never been to a Pats game before (save a preseason game in 2000 against the Giants when I worked a concession stand), so I'm pretty excited.

What AZers might I run into down there?

-w

drjeff

Who's going to the Pats game tonight?

DrJeff I assume? BobR?

My roommate was gifted a pair of tickets over the weekend so I'll be there. Any AZ tailgating happening?

I've never been to a Pats game before (save a preseason game in 2000 against the Giants when I worked a concession stand), so I'm pretty excited.

What AZers might I run into down there?

-w

Yup, be there with Gore-tex on! Tailgating should commence just after 4 :) :beer: The thule is on my car loaded with 2 easy-up tents, blue tarp to wrap around them incase the wind is blowing the r#$n, multiple chairs, the dual burner camp stove, propane, a beer cooler(one of my buddies who I pick up on the way will add a second beer cooler), a spiced hard apple for the walk in, and then the token small cooler of non-alcoholic beverages for the ride home ;)

Check your PM's in a minute

2knees

favre is gonna go medieval on their asses tonight.

tonight's prediction: PAIN

cassell is gonna get a bad case of GANG GREEN

deadheadskier

Staff member
Incredible game

big win for the Jets

Pats ticket to the post season just got a lot harder, but I still think they'll make it.

SkiDork

cassel had a great game though... But the Jets found a way to squeak it out..

The drive for the winning field goal in OT was something the Jets would not have been able to do in the past... Thats the difference with this crew. And its not just Favre. Its the whole O line, plus new guys like Keller.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Taking nothing away from the Jets victory and impressive last two scoring drives, the Pats errors are really what did them in. The Watson fumble, the wrong count snap over Cassel's head when he wasn't looking and the Vrabel hold on 3rd and goal were major factors, especially the two offensive miscues as they were driving at will on the Jets in the second half. I was shocked they came back from 24-6.

Cassel did indeed have an excellent game.

How often does a QB go 31 for 50 for 400 yards, 3 TD's AND rush 8 times for 62 yards and end up losing the game? There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be one of the most coveted free agents next off season. I bet the Jets make a run at him actually

Vortex

Went to a wake last night. usually go to the early games and later season I miss to go skiing. Week night games mean a day off. t save those for ski season. I go to work way too early. Guess kind of a fair weather fan/season ticket holder.. Not a fair weather skier though.

WJenness

Taking nothing away from the Jets victory and impressive last two scoring drives, the Pats errors are really what did them in. The Watson fumble, the wrong count snap over Cassel's head when he wasn't looking and the Vrabel hold on 3rd and goal were major factors, especially the two offensive miscues as they were driving at will on the Jets in the second half. I was shocked they came back from 24-6.

How often does a QB go 31 for 50 for 400 yards, 3 TD's AND rush 8 times for 62 yards and end up losing the game? There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be one of the most coveted free agents next off season. I bet the Jets make a run at him actually

+1 on all fronts.

Defense couldn't get off the field in the first half or in OT, and the Watson play and the 'oops' snap totally destroyed drives that would have netted at least 3 points.

I was in the vast minority, but I was thinking that the Pats should have gone for two on the Moss TD. The Jets defense was tired and on their heels, the Pats had already converted one 2 point try, Cassel was looking sharp...

When the Jets converted the 3rd & 15 in OT I was very concerned that they wouldn't get another shot.

Off topic: I hate the NFL overtime. College rules are better. I think the NFL should use the college system, but start from the 40 instead of the 25.

I'm exhausted today.

-w

2knees

that was an awesome game to watch, especially since i didnt care who won.

Cassell is earning one hell of a paycheck for next year with each improving performance.

SkiDork

I thought Law should have interfered with Moss in that 1 sec TD catch. Oh well,. I guess you have to think fast in that situation... Other than that though, Law played a respectable game.

drjeff

Don't forget Mayo on D, he was a total stud last night (16 solo tackles + 4 assists!) AWESOME game by him. I liked how Smerlas and Sheppard made the quite possibly true statement that the Pats could very well have both the Offensive and Defensive players of the week this week in the NFL and they still lost :rolleyes:

Moss's llast second TD catch amazing - my seats are in the 1st row of the second deck right above where he caught that pass, and if the refs had overturned that call, I think that a riot would have broken out, especially with all the holding that Ty Law was doing on Moss on that play (and a few others).

Even though the Pats lost last night, that was a positive game, given how Cassel played, and their ability to come back.

Getting home at 1:50 AM and then being in the office for 7:30 this AM wasn't fun though ;)

SkiDork

how about Delome last week vs OAK?? exact opposite

7 for 27, 72 yards, 1 TD 4 INT 12.3 QB rating

And he won the game.

PA Ridge Racer

Way to ruin a historic night by Matt Cassell defense. I'm at the point where when the Patriots are on D I have to change the channel. Magical helmet catches only happen against us. I was actually hoping they would go for two because I knew if they lost the toss it was over. Mayo is the only one who showed up. Sorry to vent but this loss stings :uzi:

Still 6 games left next up for the Pats the fins, Jets have to go to Tennessee. Anything can happen still