• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Should I set the alarm for Saturday morning?

ADKme

All this ice talk may make me sleep in. Should I go out Saturday morning? I would head to Gore, Snow or Killington. If there's ice tonight and temps reach 40 tomorrow, would skiing be manageable by late morning?:-?

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Stowe all snow no rain their and take a run for me.

Smellytele

Stowe does not look too good either.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.541058238592754&lon=-72.80982971191406

• Overnight A slight chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Saturday A chance of rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 8am, then rain showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Breezy, with a southwest wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Also calling for an inversion

Last edited:

ADKme

Not looking good anywhere tomorrow. Looks like I'll wait for some snowmaking tomorrow night and go Sunday.

ScottySkis

Stowe does not look too good either.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.541058238592754&lon=-72.80982971191406

• Overnight A slight chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Saturday A chance of rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 8am, then rain showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Breezy, with a southwest wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Also calling for an inversion
check.snowforecast.com all.snow at elevation for.Stowe.

The forecast for Stowe at elevation not the town is snow,if was not 5 hours away I be heading their now.

Last edited:

〽❄❅

Well according to your link a 30% chance of a trace to a inch, looks like monday could be the day to be there, 50% chance of 15" to 19" \o/

steamboat1

If there is 15"-19" Mon-Mon night I could easily be there Tues morning. All the forecasts I've seen are for either rain or a wintry mix with temps in the mid 40's Mon. I hope snowforecast is right but I have my doubts. There's another forecast I'm waiting for but they only go 3 days out so Mon. is not in their forecast yet.

WinnChill

If there is 15"-19" Mon-Mon night I could easily be there Tues morning. All the forecasts I've seen are for either rain or a wintry mix with temps in the mid 40's Mon. I hope snowforecast is right but I have my doubts. There's another forecast I'm waiting for but they only go 3 days out so Mon. is not in their forecast yet.

With so much happening with the site--the brand new Version II just launched this week after the dismal launch of Version I earlier this season--and a lot going on behind the scenes, we haven't been able to focus on the New England forecasts just yet. I haven't been able to add the handworked details this season just yet but we're just about at the point to get things going once again. Please bear with us as we adjust to new site formats, editing platforms, and other arrangments. All of this has taken much longer than expected but, again, please bear with us. I'll pop in here with more updates as the weather pattern warrants.

Thanks for your understanding,
WC

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey, the site looks great. I looked at it last week. Once it's smooth, it's going to be a nice interface. Great work, in spite of the pain(ITA)
With so much happening with the site--the brand new Version II just launched this week after the dismal launch of Version I earlier this season--and a lot going on behind the scenes, we haven't been able to focus on the New England forecasts just yet. I haven't been able to add the handworked details this season just yet but we're just about at the point to get things going once again. Please bear with us as we adjust to new site formats, editing platforms, and other arrangments. All of this has taken much longer than expected but, again, please bear with us. I'll pop in here with more updates as the weather pattern warrants.

Thanks for your understanding,
WC

〽❄❅

- we'll see, weather dot com is calling for, "Freezing rain in the morning... changing to rain. High 39F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 90%."
Maybe snow at elevation, although the search is for "Stowe Mt Resort" whatever that means to the website, so???

ScottySkis

〽❄❅;740856 said:
- we'll see, weather dot com is calling for, "Freezing rain in the morning... changing to rain. High 39F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 90%."
Maybe snow at elevation, although the search is for "Stowe Mt Resort" whatever that means to the website, so???

Try going to Stowe.com their website in weather section click on NOAA and it will link to the base elevation of stowe 2000 + feet.:)

steamboat1

The report I got today from K today was a little drizzle & fog in the morning but a nice afternoon. Conditions were soft & good.

Supposed to freeze overnight though.

〽❄❅

Try going to Stowe.com their website in weather section click on NOAA and it will link to the base elevation of stowe 2000 + feet.:)
i can't find the base elevation link, only see weather stations at different airfields/ports in the area.

ScottySkis

〽❄❅;740879 said:
i can't find the base elevation link, only see weather stations at different airfields/ports in the area.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Conditions page from Stowe.com has a link for Mount Mansfield weather forecast from National Weather Service, that is the elevation for Stowe.:) I just looked at it, and as of Sunday morning forecast is few inches snow tonight, but sleet tomorrow.

steamboat1

Conditions page from Stowe.com has a link for Mount Mansfield weather forecast from National Weather Service, that is the elevation for Stowe.:) I just looked at it, and as of Sunday morning forecast is few inches snow tonight, but sleet tomorrow.
Scotty look at the location on the top right side of the report. It says location Morrisville-Stowe State Airport, Elev. 732ft.