• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Long Island?

roark

Heh, my father lives right by the Grumman lot, so that would be nice. Don't see it happening soon though. Most of the article focuses on the previous proposal gone wrong.

AMAC2233

Isn't there an indoor ski area being built in northern NJ? If there is, I think I saw it last week along the NJ turnpike next to the football stadium and hockey arena (I can't remember the name of the town.)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Isn't there an indoor ski area being built in northern NJ? If there is, I think I saw it last week along the NJ turnpike next to the football stadium and hockey arena (I can't remember the name of the town.)

I don't plan on going to either.

normal_P5050001.jpg

JimG.

Staff member
East Rutherford, and the name of the development is Xanadu.

And yes, that is the indoor ski area as it is being erected.

wintersyndrome

I never knew you lived in Riverhead...What area?

just north of the north circle up Roanoke across from Mercy HS...yes in those ghetto apartments but we're moving soon.
I used to live and still work in western Suffolk and I moved out here becasue her (my G'Fs) lease had rediculous penalties for early cessation.

If I had more business out here I would consider staying but its just too far east for me.

Not to bash it though, I certainly love early morning Drives along Peconic Bay Blvd, Its just not practical for me to be this far east.

And its just not practical to build a mountain out here...how about a cross country skiing center through the pine-barrens, with snowmaking water pumped from the peconic river...or would that make just too much sence??

BeanoNYC

just north of the north circle up Roanoke across from Mercy HS...yes in those ghetto apartments but we're moving soon.
I used to live and still work in western Suffolk and I moved out here becasue her (my G'Fs) lease had rediculous penalties for early cessation.

I see an AZ vineyard outing in the future.

ALLSKIING

Staff member

If I had more business out here I would consider staying but its just too far east for me.

Not to bash it though, I certainly love early morning Drives along Peconic Bay Blvd, Its just not practical for me to be this far east.

And its just not practical to build a mountain out here...how about a cross country skiing center through the pine-barrens, with snowmaking water pumped from the peconic river...or would that make just too much sence??
Ok, I know where your at. I am up and down that road all the time. Never new there was another member so close.

wintersyndrome

Palmer has decent events, though less crowded is Bourghese, who makes a nice Pinot Noir, and I also think Paumanauk has a nice venue too. My MO is to avoid the popular 'big name" spots and look for the hidden gems...

If a AZ vinyard outing does happen, would someone please let me know...It would be fun...ws

BeanoNYC

If a AZ vinyard outing does happen, would someone please let me know...It would be fun...ws

No worries, I had you in mind from the beginning. What other Islanders do we have? Drew, Dork/Ty, Quattro. I'm close enough. Maybe Greg/ Brian can ferry from New London.