• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Shop near Waltham, MA?

soposkier

Looking for a good ski shop for some repairs. Have a deep gouge in the base from late spring skiing and am looking for a shop that people have had good experience with for repairs. Definitly willing to travel for good work. Anyone have recommendations?

WWF-VT

Take your skis to Mike DeSantis aka "SkiMD" at Summit Ski & Snowboard in Framingham

Last edited:

Bkroon9175

I'll second the recommendation about Summitt Ski and Sport. I go to Summit for all repairs and tunes. The tuning is the best I've ever gotten. I have always been very satisfied with the work at Summit

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I live very close to Waltham, so I'm going to stick my neck out and make a huge generalization. If quality is your object, you want to be as faaaar away from a major metro area as possible.

I'll stand behind Summit and Strands. The best work is done generally near to, but not on-resort property. The labor turnover is low, they are often wicked-obsessed skiers & boarders and have done so many tunes. Areas the come to mind include Dover VT, Plymouth/Woodstock NH, No. Conway, Waitsfield and Stowe.

One thing to think about is asking for a hand tune instead of a machine tune. It will cost more, but may be worth it.

I have also had work done at Zimmerman's and Ken Jones in Nashua, which turns out fairly well.

Last edited:

WWF-VT

soposkier is looking for repairs, and Mike DeSantis at Summit Ski is the best you'll get in the Boston metro area. I would argue that his work is better than most of the shops you'll find in any of the resort area shops up north.

Black Phantom

Ski Haus will be opening in Burlington, MA next month. They have always done a fine job. Many here will testify to that.

http://www.skihaus.com/

Ski Haus and NOTB Snowboards are officially opening a 2nd shop in Burlington, MA. The exact location will be 1 Wheeler Rd. We have taken over the Tweeter Center building, right by the Burlington Mall right off the highway. We will keep you posted on opening day, looks like a... tentative soft opening in October, and a Grand Opening beginning of November.

wa-loaf

Never been, but I've heard good things about the SkiMD guy. Some of the guys on my ski team are sending their race skis to him for tune-ups.

snowmonster

^ As I do most of my own tuning, I haven't been a customer at SkiMD myself but have heard a lot of good things about him. May be worth a look. Pricey though but you pay for quality work. FWIW, East Coast Alpine is opening a shop where the old SkiMarket was on Comm Ave. Don't know much about them but there it is.

There's also the sixpack-for-an-AZer trick. ;)