• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski sundown bumps

skiadikt

report indicates that no trail is bumped. also surprised that they're holding the bump comp on gunbarrel instead of satan's. why the change? had a great time on satan's last spring.

2knees

report indicates that no trail is bumped. also surprised that they're holding the bump comp on gunbarrel instead of satan's. why the change? had a great time on satan's last spring.

Seeding Gunny sunday night. 60's next week. get it while it lasts.....

Madroch

Get it soon if Mother Nature comes in as advertised.

skimagic

Checked out Ski Slushdown last night. Lake Slushie formed between lodge and lift. Up on trails, good base on front side trails, 18"+ with some stockpiles., Canyon runout on left getting beat up. Moguls on gunbarrel were widely spaced so hard to find a groove, but they were there for some fun.
Surface overall was alternating slush, softness, & old softening ice. Light crowd.

Get there now, 70's next two days..... I heard they may trhy to reach next weekend by limiting midweek...

Domeskier

Are the bumps starting lower on Gunny this year than in the past? If so, I might be able to ski the course with only one break to catch my breath this year.

gmcunni

Are the bumps starting lower on Gunny this year than in the past? If so, I might be able to ski the course with only one break to catch my breath this year.

it looks like the moguls start lower than before but approx where the course started in the past.. there were bumps above the start before (at least the few times i participated)

Domeskier

Ah. Never actually watched (or participated in) the comp. As I recall, the uppermost bumps were usually skied down to grass and rock pretty quickly anyway, so probably a good idea not wasting the effort on them this year.

Domeskier

Gunny bumps were looking good Wednesday in this pic I stole from the Hartford Courant:

hc-warm-weather-0309-20160308-002.jpg

gmcunni

and on that note:

People who were out here bump skiing on Wednesday said they couldn’t believe we were going to make it to the weekend. Well, they were right!
Ski Sundown is officially closed for the season. The warm weather has taken its toll and if we opened with what we have right now, you wouldn’t be happy with the quality of conditions - they are not up to your standards.
All things considered, it was a fun and enjoyable season with all of you. We always say we have the BEST customers, and we want to thank everyone for hanging in there with us for an unprecedented season that is ending too soon for all of us! Enjoy your spring, summer and fall, and THINK SNOW because that’s all we think about. We look forward to welcoming you all back next winter!