• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown (night): Thursday, 1/4/2007

Greg

Staff member
Only down to 41*F here right now. Hope they can get those guns on tonight...

loafer89

It was down to 30F at the summit of Wachusett but that is at 2000' and much further north. Right now it's 42F here at home.

Next week looks grim for Sundown with 2-3" of rain in the forecast this weekend. I would not be suprised if the mountain had to close for a period early next week before good snowmaking temperatures come back, hopefully to stay.

bvibert

Staff member
Looks like at best they'll only have a window of few hours for snow making tonight... :(

Greg

Staff member
Next week looks grim for Sundown with 2-3" of rain in the forecast this weekend. I would not be suprised if the mountain had to close for a period early next week before good snowmaking temperatures come back, hopefully to stay.

I don't see 2-3" in the forecast. 1-1.5" maybe. I think they have enough snow to stay open. Perhaps they'll close during the rain event itself. but I doubt they will need to stay closed until they can make snow again. Hopefully the Sunday/Monday event is more snow than NCP.

Warm temps today so we should have a very spring-like surface tonight. Hope to click in before 7 pm. 7:30 at the sun deck?

Grassi21

See you at 7:30. I will be the one looking over the back and admiring the leap my dog took. ;-) Last time I was at Sundown we were hiking.

Greg

Staff member
Check out [POST="132625"]Brian's vid[/POST] from last week to get you pumped! I might just have to bring my camera tonight and fool around with the night shooting some more...

Greg

Staff member
I might have to bag tonight. My sister-in-law is in labor as we speak and my wife will surly want to go to the hospital if the baby is born today. I might still be able to swing it. We'll see.

Greg

Staff member
I might have to bag tonight. My sister-in-law is in labor as we speak and my wife will surly want to go to the hospital if the baby is born today. I might still be able to swing it. We'll see.

It's a girl! New niece. :) I might still make it tonight, if even for only a few hours...

bvibert

Staff member

Oh sure, trying to ditch us now just because you didn't like my choice of music in my latest vid... :roll:

Greg

Staff member
Oh sure, trying to ditch us now just because you didn't like my choice of music in my latest vid... :roll:

We're heading to the hospital this afternoon so I should be there at some point. Maybe closer to 8 pm so don't wait around for me. I'll find you clowns...

loafer89

I don't see 2-3" in the forecast. 1-1.5" maybe. I think they have enough snow to stay open. Perhaps they'll close during the rain event itself. but I doubt they will need to stay closed until they can make snow again. Hopefully the Sunday/Monday event is more snow than NCP.

Warm temps today so we should have a very spring-like surface tonight. Hope to click in before 7 pm. 7:30 at the sun deck?

NOAA changed the forecast since yesterday when they where predicting the 2-3" of rain, but they also raised the maximum and minimum temperatures. Honestly for forecast low temperatures to hold in the 40's at night on friday night in early January is both amazing and depressing at the same time. The 60F temperatures on saturday will do alot of damage to the snowcover I am sure.

Let me know what you guys decide, Warren and I are both worn down from yesterdays trip to Wachusett and he will not be skiing tonight. Right now I am 50/50 for tonight.

Grassi21

I'm in for sure. I'll be making turns from 5 until 9ish.

bvibert

Staff member
We're heading to the hospital this afternoon so I should be there at some point. Maybe closer to 8 pm so don't wait around for me. I'll find you clowns...

Cool, congrats to your SIL. See ya there!

Let me know what you guys decide, Warren and I are both worn down from yesterdays trip to Wachusett and he will not be skiing tonight. Right now I am 50/50 for tonight.

I'll definitely be there, but I can't guarantee that I'll be skiing since it's a work night. Most likely if I do have to work I'll be done by 7 or 7:30...

Greg

Staff member

I'm in for sure. I'll be making turns from 5 until 9ish.

I'll definitely be there, but I can't guarantee that I'll be skiing since it's a work night. Most likely if I do have to work I'll be done by 7 or 7:30...

I'm really going to try for 7 pm still, but even if I can't get out there until later, I'm in. Even if I can only get in 90 minutes or a couple hours, I'm still going.

skijay

I am attempting to go. I should be there around 7pm or so.

Grassi21

7:30 at the Sundeck (located half way down Nor Easter) if we don't hook up sooner...

loafer89

I am out for tonight, sorry but I am too tired from last nights skiing and we are still doing alot of unpacking at home so I am kaput.

The plan is to be up at Mount Snow on sunday, so we are getting a little break.

Have fun though.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I am out for tonight, sorry but I am too tired from last nights skiing and we are still doing alot of unpacking at home so I am kaput.

The plan is to be up at Mount Snow on sunday, so we are getting a little break.

Have fun though.
There is a good chance I will be at snow also on Sunday....I will look for you guys.

loafer89

There is a good chance I will be at snow also on Sunday....I will look for you guys.

We are hoping for a break in the weather on sunday, hopefully the rain on saturday keeps the crowds away but does not hurt the snow too much.

Mount Snow is a little over two hours away, so that would be our first trip to Vermont this season.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
We are hoping for a break in the weather on sunday, hopefully the rain on saturday keeps the crowds away but does not hurt the snow too much.

Mount Snow is a little over two hours away, so that would be our first trip to Vermont this season.

My plans just got shot down....All because of this great weather we are having:angry: :angry: