• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2021 - 2022 Ski Season

XTski

Free skiing and lunch at Jay Peak opening day, November 26. Register in advance.

Thanks for the heads up Chuck! I got on the list, Jay is the one place in the east I have always wanted to try, not sure when or how much would be open on opening day though

Smellytele

Thanks for the heads up Chuck! I got on the list, Jay is the one place in the east I have always wanted to try, not sure when or how much would be open on opening day though
don't set your expectations too high. you will be disappointed. Jay is about glades, their trails aren't much to write home about.

XTski

don't set your expectations too high. you will be disappointed. Jay is about glades, their trails aren't much to write home about.
Right on good call, I can stay in the trees all day I have to get up there when things are good

urungus

SkiVT 4-packs are now on sale for $194, they will sell out quickly

BenedictGomez

SkiVT 4-packs are now on sale for $194, they will sell out quickly

Just go my 2 at 12:24. I was worried they'd already have sold out.

KustyTheKlown

i dont think the ski vt deal is such a great deal anymore. i switched from ski vt to indy last year and think indy is a way better use of $200

BenedictGomez

i dont think the ski vt deal is such a great deal anymore. i switched from ski vt to indy last year and think indy is a way better use of $200

Indy pass is $300, not $200. But even if it was $200 I'd kind of disagree unless you're a person who travels a lot as there's a lot of crappy mountains on there. With the simple VT Ski Pass you can hit all the expensive mountains in VT.

urungus

Doesn’t have to be either / or, they complement each other. Use the SkiVT pack for the big expensive resorts that arent on Indy. IMO, average of $48.50 is pretty good for Sugarbush, Killington, Stowe, MRG.

$499 Berkshire East / Catamount / Bousquet “Summit Pass” early bird renewal
$189 Indy Pass add-on
$194 SkiVT 4 Pack
$882 Total

KustyTheKlown

Indy pass is $300, not $200. But even if it was $200 I'd kind of disagree unless you're a person who travels a lot as there's a lot of crappy mountains on there. With the simple VT Ski Pass you can hit all the expensive mountains in VT.

Is Stowe still on it? Stowe is just about the only place not on Indy or Ikon in VT I would care to visit. And I sort of recall them being removed by vail, but I could be wrong… MRG too, but I’m happy to pay them direct for a day or two each season.

I do travel a lot and like traveling a lot but it wouldn’t be much different Indy v Vt4 in terms of driving around New England a bunch.

Last year on Indy I got 2x Magic, 2x Jay, 2x Bolton (so there’s my $300 value in VT), 2x Cannon, 1x Berkshire, and a failed attempt at Saddleback complete with car accident. So 9 days, nearly 10, at places that aren’t “crappy” (if a pow day w glades at b-east is as crappy as it gets, then I’m content). Much better bang for buck.

Random - I just woke up from an insanely vivid dream that I won $909,327 at the track. Incredibly vivid, lucid. Waking up without a paper bag full of money sucks.

edit - stowe and other epic pass places are still on skiVT. thats nice. indy is still a way better use of my money in my use case.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

This season all Mount Bohemia season passholders get two free days at Bogus basin in Idaho. This is one of the very special places in the western United States with over 2600 acres of skiable terrain . Please see www.mtbohemia.com for details and blackout dates . $99 season pass sale starts November 24 and ends on the night of December 4. Photo Ron Boomer

PAabe

Glad to see WNEP ski card is back after not doing it last year. I would buy if I hadn't already bought indy pass.

$119, 1 day each at Montage, Shawnee, Big Bear, Tussey, Sawmill, and Swain

ScottySkis

Quad Wednesdays are now CHAIRitable Wednesdays! Ride the first three Wednesdays in December for just $40 each time. Brighton will donate $5 from every ticket purchased to a different Utah charity every week. This Wednesday is our first one so head to our website to get your ticket, donations from this Wednesday go to the Utah Foster Care Foundation!