• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing/snowboarding Bromance??

dlague

My wife sees me on this forum all the time and she is convinced that it is a skiing bromance site. She guages this based on all the meet ups whether large or a few and the inquiries of who will be where and interest in making turns with people we have only traded words with!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
My wife sees me on this forum all the time and she is convinced that it is a skiing bromance site. She guages this based on all the meet ups whether large or a few and the inquiries of who will be where and interest in making turns with people we have only traded words with!

Yeah. So what?

Domeskier

I thought this thread was going to be a modern-day spin on Romeo and Juliet with feuding skiers and boarders finding love in the backcountry of Alta. I guess there's still time...

wa-loaf

I'm at a loss sometimes trying to explain who I'm meeting at a mtn. "I'm meeting a friend" "No I've never met them" "I know them from online" "This guy I know from the ski forum I participate in ..." "I don't know what he looks like, but I'll know him by his skis, helmet, jacket, stickers ..." "Not really sure what his name is"

JDMRoma

I'm at a loss sometimes trying to explain who I'm meeting at a mtn. "I'm meeting a friend" "No I've never met them" "I know them from online" "This guy I know from the ski forum I participate in ..." "I don't know what he looks like, but I'll know him by his skis, helmet, jacket, stickers ..." "Not really sure what his name is"

Pretty hard to explain is right....oh yah and their really nice too.....well most of them anyway !

MadMadWorld

My wife has called me out and then I pointed out that she belongs to a mother's group on Facebook. After that she shut up pretty quickly.

For awhile there she definitely thought I was going to see my "ski girlfriend" until I started to friend a few people on Facebook and she realized it's just equally obsessed guys.

Puck it

Wait, I know him. I skied with a couple of weeks ago.

Puck it

My wife has called me out and then I pointed out that she belongs to a mother's group on Facebook. After that she shut up pretty quickly.

For awhile there she definitely thought I was going to see my "ski girlfriend" until I started to friend a few people on Facebook and she realized it's just equally obsessed guys.

At our ages, unelss you are "Wa-loaf", it is all we have left to look forward too.

dlague

The meet up consists of a statement like "I am wearing a gray helmet, red jacket and black pants and I am at the blah blah lift.".

Savemeasammy

I think we are a collection of skiers and riders who don't have many ski/boarder friends in our normal social circles. I have a few, but none are nearly as obsessive as my fellow AZers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk