• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow in DC for the Inauguration?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Wouldn't it be awesome if it snowed in DC on inauguration day? The city usually shuts down when it snows.

I got to thinking about this when I saw the NWS forecast for Sunday showing temps in the 30s and a chance of snow.

Gonna have to get the parade participants some skis:

610x.jpg

Last edited:

BigJay

For some it would be like when "Hell freezes over"!!!

Would really put things in contrast... with what the city normally looks like i mean...

:razz:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I know there were a lot of Kennedy offspring that slid, but I'm thinking of the presidential variety. I guess Bush Jr. preferred to chop wood and pretend to mend fences.

Glenn

I thought people in CT freaked when it snows...

I was in DC years ago and they had maybe 1-2" of slush. Something that wouldn't even cause a delay here. Half the city was shut and I think most of the schools cancelled. It was a joke.

If my sister and brother in law were smart, they'd rent out their condo in DC for the innauguration..they'd get mad loot..

yeah, they could go skiing for the rest of the season, all expenses paid ;)

They could have easily got $5k plus for a 1-bedroom..and just stayed with friends..and they're not skiers..well they ski but I wouldn't consider them skiers since they don't even go every season..