• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So how did I kill the "Word Association" thread . . .

MrsG

. . . hope I did not offend anyone . . . :( . . . thought it was one of the best threads on here . . . carry on!!

drjeff

. . . hope I did not offend anyone . . . :( . . . thought it was one of the best threads on here . . . carry on!!

Its a streaky thread there Mrs G! It will sit idle for a week or 2, and then all of the sudden rack up about 100 posts in a day.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Its a streaky thread there Mrs G! It will sit idle for a week or 2, and then all of the sudden rack up about 100 posts in a day.

Gee Doc, don't you have some patients to attend to? You seem to be spending a lot of time here today :p Or do you have your assistants doing extractions now? :blink:

drjeff

Gee Doc, don't you have some patients to attend to? You seem to be spending a lot of time here today :p Or do you have your assistants doing extractions now? :blink:

That's the joy of my job some days. Get someone numb, wait about 5 minutes for the juice to work, and if I don't have a hygienist to check, I've got 5 minutes fo surf time :) Today the schedule happens to be filled with ALOT of shortish appointments, so the number of 5 minute surf times I have today is a decent amount :)

Plus, currently, its only in Alaska and soon to be Minnesota that "assistants" can do extractions now(they have to go through a bit more training though before they can do that :eek:)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
That's the joy of my job some days. Get someone numb, wait about 5 minutes for the juice to work, and if I don't have a hygienist to check, I've got 5 minutes fo surf time :) Today the schedule happens to be filled with ALOT of shortish appointments, so the number of 5 minute surf times I have today is a decent amount :)

Plus, currently, its only in Alaska and soon to be Minnesota that "assistants" can do extractions now(they have to go through a bit more training though before they can do that :eek:)

My old dentist is a rabid skier. He actually looked forward to my visit. We could ramble on for a half hour about skiing, making his whole schedule backup; that's why I always take the first appt. Anyways, he would come into the room, I'd ask him this or that about skiing and he would go into a trance. He'd walk to the window and stare out it for what seemed to be an eternity. He was obviously on the slopes.
We never skied together (though we did meet at the track once), he preferred to go with his dentist/doc friends midweek. Can you imagine a car-full of dentists going skiing? I miss the fellow. He made going to the dentist fun.

Note to self: don't move to AL or MN. Odd isn't it, these states get a ton of snowfall....

drjeff

My old dentist is a rabid skier. He actually looked forward to my visit. We could ramble on for a half hour about skiing, making his whole schedule backup; that's why I always take the first appt. Anyways, he would come into the room, I'd ask him this or that about skiing and he would go into a trance. He'd walk to the window and stare out it for what seemed to be an eternity. He was obviously on the slopes.
We never skied together (though we did meet at the track once), he preferred to go with his dentist/doc friends midweek. Can you imagine a car-full of dentists going skiing? I miss the fellow. He made going to the dentist fun.

Note to self: don't move to AL or MN. Odd isn't it, these states get a ton of snowfall....

I've got a couple of ski addict patients, who my staff knows that when their names are in the schedule, I'm running behind for the next few hours :rolleyes: One is a MRG tele-guy addict, and the other a Patroller at a certain mountain that I regularly frequent :) It's definately a good day for me whenever I see either of those names in the schedule :)