• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So...who's got their holiday lights up already?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
As I made my 2nd trip to Home Depot today, I noticed one of my neighbors has their holiday lights up and turned on already. I turn the corner, and two blocks away, surprise, there's another one! :smash::flame:

Picture_013.jpg

Picture_014.jpg

sorry for the crappy photos

I spent all my holiday decorating budget on hookers and blow. In my neighborhood those big Inflatable Santas will be out in full force in a few weeks. National Lampoons Christmas vacation will be on TV. I'm thinking about getting one of those bright red Holidays sweaters with little bells and lights..

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm kind of a minimalist, sometimes have lights, most of the time not and if I do, they never go up until after Thanksgiving.

The lady in the unit next to mine is a certified nut and major jesus freak, she had hers going at the beginning of October :jaw:

Greg

Staff member
I did mine yesterday. It was warm out and I figured I'd get it out of the way.

Not a bad plan. Too many times have I been freezing me ass off as I put them up. I still need to clean up all the leaves. Maybe next weekend, but they won't go on until after T-day.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm ok with taking advantage of the warmer weather to put them up, but turning them on before T-day seems odd to me.

drjeff

I might be putting them up this afternoon depending on how quickly the rest of my chores get done today. I figure that this should be the last weekend day that I'm home in CT without a patriots game to goto between now and X-mas, since it's ski season for me starting next week!

Moe Ghoul

I'm prolly opting for a scaled down version this year, garland and lights on the front porch railing. But I always say that, then end up doing more.

PS. This thread could find a home in "Things that annoy you.." thread as well. :)

Last edited:

Warp Daddy

Never til AFTER thanksgiving

--AS far as outside setups ---- to me less is more

One HUGE beautiful , lighted Natural wreath on the garage and then large Natural lited wreaths on Front and Back Doors of the House, white lite candoliers in all 40 windows and a simple white lite and bay berry and ribbon wrap on the front lampost and one white lite tree on side yard takes us about an hr total .

Now decorating inside thats ANOTHER Story ---------we have full size 7 ft trees in the Living Room , Dining Room , family Rooms and small table top trees in the Center entry hall and upstairs hall

Since our grandkids and adult kids are here for a 10 day stay and are ALL skiers, we CREATE 3 mini SKI areas with figurines and ski lodges and one faux lift . These are in our Living room built in bookcases and on the fireplace mantle -- the family luvs this set up

We also have THEME rooms - The LR is the SANTA room we have a collection of over 50 santa figurines and the DR is the SNOWMAN room similar kinda deal

-- all this takes us about 3 days to set up but hell we're retired !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we break out the holiday music and sip some hot mulled cider and make it fun while we work beside if the damn trees go up crooked -- I GOT AN EXCUSE :D