• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

South Lake Tahoe Ski Rentals- experience

Anklebiter

Ok, I did a quick search through older topics, but couldn't fine what I was looking for. Does anybody have any experience with renting skis in South Lake Tahoe? I've started researching, but would like some first hand knowledge. I see ski butler's have a wide variety of gear, but are higher priced then some of the other places. I'm doing the research for a group of guys (4 to 8) with all different abilities, but mostly intermediate to advanced. We are heading out the second week of March, so I have plenty of time. Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:

snoseek

Powder house seems to do quite a bit of business. I'm assuming they got their shit together.

Where are you staying?

snoseek

Anything on ski run blvd would be real close to you. There are a bunch of places on that strip, probably some good deals to be had at the smaller operations.

snoseek

My roomate had a healthy stack of rental and lesson vouchers last year that just got thrown out.

I think powder house probably carries a good selection of quality stuff.

britneylopez

Usually the ski rentals have some packages like a skiing lesson and so on, look for a shop that provide rentals without such packages.