• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Spring skiing

Lostone

Spring skiing is a lot of different things to different people. To those who love bumps, it is soft bumps.

But for me, spring skiing is going in places where the snow is disappearing, and finding the line that allows you to ski it, while others swear there is no reason for the trail to be open.

I have posted many pix of spring skiing. That is what most of them show, although you'll also find examples of the other joys of spring. You can find an introduction with a few of the pix here:

There, you'll also find a link to the rest of the pix that I've posted.

Nice pictures..serious spring skiing stoke!!!! I also like picking my way down a narrow little ribbon..it makes the run a little more challenging because you have to choose where to make your turns.

Angus

I like picking my way down too. Wildcat is great for that although this season with new, end of season skis I was a little less excited about trying to navigate some of the terrain that was open when I visited on April 16th!

Lostone

I was a little less excited about trying to navigate some of the terrain that was open when I visited on April 16th!
I ran my B2s until April 25th. After that, I switched to my Bandit XX with almost 200 days on them. Most of the pix that were posted were when I was riding my B2s. When I switched to the XXs, there were three places that kept wearing thru.

There are only pix of the end of Coffee run. That was the only one of the three where I could get a shot, and not be in the way of people coming thru. The other two places were the end of the traverse and the narrow part of Snowball.

Both of them were difficult to get thru without hitting something, but if I stopped to take a pic, :smash: :lol:

Still, after I skied the 3 days in April and the one day in May, there was no damage to the XXs. Just one of those situations where it sounded much worse than it skied. ;-)

Glad to see the avatar hasn't changed.
With the change of the board for the season, maybe it should be a hat and broom in a puddle of water? :lol: Actually, I almost lost the avatar, as the site that was hosting it just notified me that unless I signed in, they were going to dump me. :cry:

It is really a kind of boring site, so if it goes, it goes. I did sign in, so I should be ok, but if you find a new avatar... Guess they think I'm boring, too. ;-)