• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sprint or Verizon?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
My company has asked me if I'd consider moving my Blackberry over to Verizon Wireless from Sprint. I've had pretty good coverage with Sprint, but really no exposure with Verizon. The new Storm is out of the question as phone model, probably will be a Curve 8830.

Any Verizon Blackberry users out there? How's the service & data plan been for you?

Thanks
Root

ctenidae

Had a Verizon Pearl before changing jobs. I've been pretty well satisfied with Verizon.
No international kind of bites, but that's about the only real complaint I have.

Don't know Sprint at all.

hammer

:lol:

I will say overall I am satisfied with Verizon. Pricy, but decent service. Customer service has been mixed.
+1

Used to have T-Mobile...liked having the GSM phones for trips overseas, the customer service was good, and the prices were better, but the coverage just wasn't good enough.

RISkier

Verizon has the best coverage bar none in New England. Go Verizon.

That's been my experience. Had friends who had Sprint. They weren't happy with either the coverage or the customer service, though that's a couple of years ago so things may have changed.

Paul

att-death-star-logo.jpg

Sprint is a sinking ship, will be bought soon. They don't have a viable 3G/4G plan. VZ's 4G plan is teh suck, but at least CDMA e_DVO is better than a half-assed wi-max piss in the wind.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
thanks for the opinions folks, either service is free to me. I've never really had a problem with Sprint but I think I'll give Verizon a try.