• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Squaw Set to get almost 2 feet

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Snow gods are being good to the West coast, it's a nice turnaround from last year.

snoseek

On my way out there now. I sure hope some early season base builds up, even if just on the high-altitude north facing stuff. I would rather not wait till February to ski low angle trees again.

I'm going to Fruita/Moab in the meantime, I'm gonna stay there till some base builds up or I just can't take camping anymore, whichever comes first. This is a good start I'll say, If it keeps coming I'll spend less time in the desert and keep driving west. This is only my second winter in Tahoe, even an average winter I'd be thrilled.Does average even have any meaning in Tahoe?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Making up for last season I guess...Squaw's FB page says 20" at the base, more up top.

nycskier

Does average even have any meaning in Tahoe?

Yes an average winter in Tahoe means 4 days of 35 inch snowfall followed by a week of sunny weather and 50 degree temps in which you can ski fresh powder while only wearing a light shell.