• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stoned Road 7-19

powhunter

Met up with Woodcore, Bvibert, Greg, and Yesmandroc for a ride at the forbidden forest. The Yesman snapped his chain within the first quarter mile..fixed it and we were off!! I really digged the place, a mixture of short climbs, rock gardens, rollers, and drops. Brian broke his seatpost again and had to N-Rig it with a tire tube again!! Kept on rolling though, must have been uncomfortable as hell!!

Fixing the Yesmans Chain
picture.php

Woodcore
picture.php

Brian
picture.php

Greg

picture.php

Yesman
picture.php

Gregs Ass

picture.php

Woodcore Eyeing up the next roller

picture.php

Had some nice cold beer waiting for us when we were done!!! Great riding with you guys!!
2knees we missed your sorry ass!!

Steveo

bvibert

Staff member
2knees definitely missed out on a good ride. Only about 5.25 miles with a bunch of sessioning. Good times guys, thanks to everyone that came out. There was no shortage of beer post ride either, that's for sure.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm pissed at myself for not being able to make that rock you got the picture of. I just couldn't get on it. I felt much better when I rolled the second one with no problem. I bet if I went back up and hit it again after that I would have had no problem. Oh well, there's always next time. Good on Woodcore and Greg for getting up that the reverse direction, and to Steveo for trying it first, mostly successfully.

Greg

Staff member
2knees definitely missed out on a good ride. Only about 5.25 miles with a bunch of sessioning. Good times guys, thanks to everyone that came out. There was no shortage of beer post ride either, that's for sure.

Indeed. Thanks for the heads-up about the ride this morning. Glad I could pull it off. Not a big mile ride, but enough. Stone Road makes you work for miles and quite honestly I didn't need much more. Hope my corny ass video shoot of WoodCore came out okay. Glad you guys got a laugh out of that. Yesman - good to meet you. Brian - sorry about the seat post, pow - always a pleasure, bud....nice bike! Grassi and 2knees - you were missed.

2knees

i didnt leave work until 5:45. i'm so f&*kin bummed about this. glad you guys had a good time.

someday i'll get on my bike.

Greg

Staff member
its tough being a big shot. i cant leave like I used to. they actually expect me to work now.

I was more commenting about your lame alcohol consumption, not your epic work ethic... :roll:

:razz:

bvibert

Staff member
its tough being a big shot. i cant leave like I used to. they actually expect me to work now.

That sucks that you have a real job and responsibilities... Get yourself demoted, you'll be happier that way. ;)

Next time blow off that work shit and come ride, the work will still be there the next day!

powhunter

Michelle loaded the fridge with brew figuring ya might stop by after......So if ya can get out for a ride tomorrow night we can empty the fridge afterwards

steveo

WoodCore

Good rip this evening everyone! Despite the mechanicals and the oppressive humidity, it was great to once again ride with Greg and Steveo and to hook up with some of the regulars, Bvibert and Yesmandroc!!! We didn't cover a ton of miles but something has to be said for quality versus quantity......tonights ride was 100% quality! Had a super time!

Anyway here's a few video clips.....

Steveo

Bvibert

Greg

Derek

Woodcore

Enjoy!

Greg

Staff member
I hope someone got some pics of the hack job seat post fix!

The second iteration was truly a masterpiece. There was some major huffing and puffing to achieve that display of awesomeness. The first attempt was a major fail, but I know you really liked the end of the saddle tickling your taint on that climb. Perhaps that explains the heavy breathing.

See, Pat? you missed a good ride. :lol: Brian - please promise that you'll carry a beat up tube from now on.

bvibert

Staff member
The second iteration was truly a masterpiece. There was some major huffing and puffing to achieve that display of awesomeness. The first attempt was a major fail, but I know you really liked the end of the saddle tickling your taint on that climb. Perhaps that explains the heavy breathing.

See, Pat? you missed a good ride. :lol: Brian - please promise that you'll carry a beat up tube from now on.

I'm glad I was able to provide some entertainment! :lol:

I'll say one thing, that section after the first fix was some of most work I've done on a bike this year, but I was concentrating so much on trying to keep going that it went by pretty quickly. :beer:

powhunter

I'm pissed at myself for not being able to make that rock you got the picture of. I just couldn't get on it. I felt much better when I rolled the second one with no problem. I bet if I went back up and hit it again after that I would have had no problem. Oh well, there's always next time. Good on Woodcore and Greg for getting up that the reverse direction, and to Steveo for trying it first, mostly successfully.

I want to own that bitch too!!! Im going back tomorrow night and session that MFer until I clean it (5th beer)

steveo

2knees

I want to own that bitch too!!! Im going back tomorrow night and session that MFer until I clean it (5th beer)

steveo

i put my bike in the car. i can leave straight from work and be there by 5:45 if you have any interest.

bvibert

Staff member
Do it guys! I'd join you tomorrow, but I'm not riding with a busted seat and post up my ass again...