• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe, VT...I have: place to stay and discount vouchers. I need: A ride up

ltl

hello mates,

This is my first post and I hope there will be many more to come.

I just got the green light from my work and my wife to take off tonight to my place in Stowe, VT but due to odd circumstances, I haven't got use of the car (and car #2 is in the shop) until my family comes up on Thurs night/Fri am.

I know Stowe got a ton of pow because friends up there are sending me clips as I type this and all of that is making me itch to get up there now and experience the greatness. A friend from Boston who was going to come up and drive us had to bail at the last minute and everyone else I know is stuck at work as well, and so now I am a man who can ski but who has no way to get TO the ski world!

Anyone here into going up to Stowe now/tonight? It is Wed mar 20 and I can leave any time. I could get to where you are probably, but the main part of this is that you can drive us up north, stay at my condo (it has 3 bedrooms) and I have vouchers that should save you some decent $ on the hill. this could be doable for 1-2 people bringing me up to enjoy skiing together or on their own.

All the buses have bad or no schedules and I am jonesin' for pow. Normally I would never be in this situation but I am right now and it's a first in my 17 seasons skiing there, so I came here to see what luck I may have.

If you have never been to Stowe but are a comparable rider or skier I can show you all the sickest woods shots and the coolness of the area (eats, on and off hill stuff, etc) and if you have, but had not thought of going up due to lack of accom or steep lift ticket prices, then this works for you too. Once there, there's no obligation to ski together either. But of course comrades in battle often do battle as one. lol

Anyway I am hopeful this post gets us all where we wanna be: In the pow!

Obviously this is about me going skiing tomorrow but the fact is that it offers the ski karma that we all must share, as you can join me in one of NE's best resorts which is right now in its glory.

:)LTL

ltl

are you a serial killer?

Yes
But I still want to ski so my driver is safe at least until we arrive at my Stowe dungeon and since Id feel bad if he or she didnt enjoy some runs as well, Id say the driver is safe into Thursday at the mountain.

And then, if said driver is a good skier/rider, they can get away. But if they are this good, then wed probably rip it up together anyway and consider that Freddy Kruger and Jason were probably friends lol

In the end, before setting anything up wed at least swap deets and talk live

Ill hopefully find a taker in the next hour or so

ltl

Where do you need a ride from?

Well I live in the north shore of MA (beverly/Wenham/Hamilton area) but I could meet somewhere. One example is that get myself to like where 128/93 are... at a restaurant there like Joe's Amer bar & Grille. Or something like that. I am bringing no gear as I have everything up there so it's just I and I and all my brethren.

(that last bit being part of a Bob Marley song in case no one knew it)

octopus

you have a stowe dungeon? that must be expensive!so awesome! unfortunately my jeep is being repaired and i'm injured, but i would love to go to stowe and try my stone hut out.

ltl

yah work is the big killer here... but with skiing, no one is a stranger. then again... i did say I had a dungeon. I meant dumpster. its behind the condo :)

xwhaler

If someone goes on this adventure I'm demanding a trip report---sounds like it could be interesting

ltl

lol indeed!

Then again you could get on one of those shotty buses (like how people used to trust Fung Wah to go to NYC) and you don't know them either AND you have to pay for it!

You: But they are a business so I can verify them
ME: You can verify me too once you (someone) wants to do this trip and we talk and share details that can be verified
You: but who would do this but some creep?
ME: Exactly! Who would do this WITH ME but some creep - or someone who just happens to have the time off and the urge to ski pow in VT on one of the best days of the year to come.

Yes if it were to take place I would give a detailed trip report but I find it's likely it will not. Oh well, was worth a try.

:)LTL

Either way I'll find myself there with fam on Fri and post pics of pow where it is found... to see what we missed on Thurs.

BenedictGomez

you have a stowe dungeon? that must be expensive!

It may look like Bogner, but it's actually human flesh.

bill1.jpg

Too bad I can't get work off because I love going on impromptu vacations with total strangers.

I loffed.

octopus

never heard of bogner before(google).......$1400 jackets! elite skier stuff for sure, nice and tight fit.