• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - AZ Summit 2.0 Weekend

Greg

Staff member
Brian and I just got here. Took one run on Sheer Boom. TONS of fresh snow/crud/pow bumps. Snowing now. The skiing is epic. The. Woods have to be fantastic. We'll scope Brackett Basin tomorrow. Gonna be a sick sick weekend.

wa-loaf

Stolen from facebook:
199534_1891792623468_1501085519_2037303_2494283_n.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
It is pretty damn good. We skied the skidder woods for our last run and were not dissapointed, particularly for a glad between two trails like that.

Shaping up to be a really good weekend!

Greg

Staff member
Its going to be a great weekend. Some scratch here and there, but the woods should hold up nice all weekend. Backside snowfield opened back up today. We'll scope that in the morning. Beautiful up here today. Cool but no wind....alternating between sun and snow squalls.

WoodCore

On my way but made a stop at MRG today for a great day of pow bumps and trees under a blue bird sky. Headed to Saddleback tomorrow then to the Loaf.

bigbog

Yeah, your timing with conditions/weather is going off just right this year Greg.

Skied Saddleback just for a while today(Thurs)...had to meet up with buyer of some of my scrap paddling and fishing stuff...so had to bolt on a beautiful wintery day.
Will get over there on Saturday around ~10:45 and ski through the day here & there.
Will look for the bumpfield, wherever....but will take my 163s..aka blades into the Basin = see if I come out alive.
I'll take a look at activities sheet....

SteveD

Greg

Staff member
First run...nice trees skiers left of Skidder. Second run....Bubblecuffer - awesome powder bumps, powder. SICK! Cold, partly cloudy, relatively calm. Gonna be a great weekend.

wa-loaf

Leaving at 3:30. Should be up just in time for the welcome party. :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Backside snowfields into Brackett Basin FTW!

Greg

Staff member
BTW its dumping again