• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer music festivals and or concerts 2014

ScottySkis

http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/events/detail/santana
I want to go this but I also want to go to Hunter Jam maybe I Cant afford to do both.do Sat at hunter mountain Jam
Santana
Jun 15 , 2014 Venue
The Corazón Tour

For forty years and as many albums later, Santana has sold more than 100 million records and reached more than 100 million fans at concerts worldwide. To date, Santana has won ten GRAMMY ® Awards and three Latin GRAMMY ® Awards. He won a record-tying nine GRAMMYs for a single project for 1999's Supernatural (including Album of the Year and Record of the Year for "Smooth"). He has also received the Billboard Century Award (1996), was ushered into theRock and Roll Hall of Fame (1998), and received the Billboard Latin Music Awards' Lifetime Achievement honor (2009). Among many other honors, Carlos Santana has also been cited by Rolling Stone as #15 on their list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time." Celebrating the chart debut of Guitar Heaven (Arista) in 2010, Santana joined the ranks of the Rolling Stones as the only musical act in chart history to score at least one Top 10 album in every decade beginning with the 1960s. On December 8th, Carlos Santana was the recipient of the 2013 Kennedy Center Honors Award.
Santana's latest release, CORAZÓN (RCA/Sony Latin Iberia) is due out on May 6, 2014, and is a collaborative effort with the biggest names in Latin Music including Chocquibtown, Gloria Estefan, Juanes, Miguel, Niña Pastori, Pitbull, Soledad, Diego Torres, Samuel Rosa of Skank, and more. The first single "La Flaca," features multi-platinum recording artist Juanes; the second single "Saideira" features Samuel Rosa of Brazilian rock band Skank. Both singles are available now. HBO Latino and HBO Latin America will broadcast CORAZÓN, LIVE FROM MEXICO: LIVE IT TO BELIEVE IT, a once-in-a-lifetime concert event filmed in Guadalajara, Mexico (in Santana's native state of Jalisco) last December featuring many of the artists on the album. The concert is scheduled to debut on the HBO networks on May 3.

ScottySkis

http://www.thepeachmusicfestival.com/

http://thepeachmusicfestival.com/index.php/tickets

peach-lineup.jpg

crank

I'm going to Mtn Jam and Vibes. Who all is attending what?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Unfortunately, no summer festivals for me. Probably go to Wormtown in the fall.

I am seeing Widespread in Boston in a couple of weeks though.

ScottySkis

http://artistecard.com/evilgiraffesonmars

Simply put, Evil Giraffes on Mars are the best (or worst) band that you (or someone else) have ever heard (or not heard). But we are a band nonetheless, and one guy did say we were "awesome" once. Let it be known, now and forever, that his comment was completely unprovoked! We can't even imagine what he would have said had we been fishing for compliments... Regardless, we are known in small circles for our genre bending sensibilities, fueled by a deep respect for all things musical. Combining elements of jazz, rock, funk, punk, hip hop, classical, world beat, and a love of tasty sandwiches, we have created a new beast! An Evil Giraffe!! Lock your doors, hide your daughters and finish your cold cuts!

Our first album, Cydonia, was released to critical acclaim by those critics who chose to criticize it. An independent release, Cydonia has caught the attention of more than a few well to do scenesters and adventurous listeners. Allmusic.com awarded it 4 stars, noting "knotty unison lines, passionate soloing and powerhouse drumming, and a great sense of group dynamics within any given piece. Overall, a pretty impressive debut album." We've even been compare to "Vince Guaraldi trapped in a high concept B movie" by the Geekdads over at Wired. Additionally, those whose genre bending sensibilities match our own have noted that EGOM is a band that "could do well at both progressive jazz clubs and

ScottySkis

http://www.brooklynbowl.com/event/547031-headcount-10th-anniversary-brooklyn/

eadCount 10th Anniversary Benefit Concert and Mountain Jam Kickoff Party presented by Qello Feat. Bob Weir & RatDog

With Special Guests, Eric Krasno (Lettuce, SOULIVE), Marc Brownstein (The Disco Biscuits), Brendan Bayliss (Umphrey's McGee), Ryan Zoidis & Eric Bloom (Lettuce Horns), more to be announced

Wed, June 4, 2014

Doors: 7:00 pm / Show: 8:30 pm

$85 (GA), $200 (VIP), $5000 (Benefactor Lane)

33-atlg.jpg

mriceyman

Ill have set ups at mtn jam and taste of country but i wont be there for the event.. Ill be in the city at govenors ball

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cannonball

My little home town of Marshfield, MA has one of the best surf shops on the planet. Levitate Surf Shop was first opened by my friend Bob Pollard in 2003. And it literally changed the town. Bob gave so much to struggling kids in this town who needed something to identify with. He brought them skateboarding, surfing, and a sense of responsibility for themselves and their community. He was a friend, father figure, and guru to kids who needed it. He died unexpectedly in 2006.

His wife tried to manage the business. And with the support of the community she managed it for a while. But then it was too much and she had to sell. The new owner was (is) a good guy and a solid surfer. A BS lawsuit forced him to give up the name (Bob never bothered with checking for copyrights) and it became 'Luminate'. This was hurt a lot of people who had a soulful connection to the brand and the memory of Bob. Last year, through some wrangling, the name 'Levitate' was regained.

Levitate is a surf shop and an ad hoc community center. As proof of that they pulled off a huge music festival in town last year. The 2nd annual bash this year has a long lineup of great local bands and is headlined by Steel Pulse!!! and Donovan Frankenreiter!! in MARSHFIELD! wow.

For those of us in town it's a weekend, not just a night. It's the beach and music and community. If anybody ends up in our little town for this event PM me. It will be a blast. http://www.levitatemusicfestival.com/

PS: A great article about Bob from NESurf http://www.nesurf.com/blog/item/534-bob-pollard-remembered

dlague

My little home town of Marshfield, MA has one of the best surf shops on the planet. Levitate Surf Shop was first opened by my friend Bob Pollard in 2003. And it literally changed the town. Bob gave so much to struggling kids in this town who needed something to identify with. He brought them skateboarding, surfing, and a sense of responsibility for themselves and their community. He was a friend, father figure, and guru to kids who needed it. He died unexpectedly in 2006.

His wife tried to manage the business. And with the support of the community she managed it for a while. But then it was too much and she had to sell. The new owner was (is) a good guy and a solid surfer. A BS lawsuit forced him to give up the name (Bob never bothered with checking for copyrights) and it became 'Luminate'. This was hurt a lot of people who had a soulful connection to the brand and the memory of Bob. Last year, through some wrangling, the name 'Levitate' was regained.

Levitate is a surf shop and an ad hoc community center. As proof of that they pulled off a huge music festival in town last year. The 2nd annual bash this year has a long lineup of great local bands and is headlined by Steel Pulse!!! and Donovan Frankenreiter!! in MARSHFIELD! wow.

For those of us in town it's a weekend, not just a night. It's the beach and music and community. If anybody ends up in our little town for this event PM me. It will be a blast. http://www.levitatemusicfestival.com/

PS: A great article about Bob from NESurf http://www.nesurf.com/blog/item/534-bob-pollard-remembered

This sounds like a fun time! Currently working on a group to come down there for the day!

Geoff

My town has a concert with a different local/regional band every Wednesday night at the town beach on the harbor. I usually anchor off the beach in the catboat with some friends and listen to the music while doing a picnic dinner.

ScottySkis

Santana at Btehle wooods last weekend was fun he still rocks on guitar. I sure i saw people using mj thwir and no one got arrsstrd.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Unfortunately, no summer festivals for me. Probably go to Wormtown in the fall.

I am seeing Widespread in Boston in a couple of weeks though.

Fun time. I'd give it a solid B is far as Panic shows go. Well played, but no real fireworks.

Tonight's show in Cleveland than I'm streaming is smoking

crank

i read that mountain jam was one big bust this year, complete with undercover cops in the crowd, an onsite jail and courtroom...sounds like fun

Can't say I saw any of that, but I will say the time was always 4:40 at Mtn Jam. Tedeschi Trucks, Rat Dog, Government Mule and the Allman Brothers were all just freaking great this year.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I streamed some of Mountain Jam this year and the performances were great.

That said, I've got friends who have been going for years who no longer go. Friends who are older and don't even party with illegal substances. The police presence at that festival gets worse and worse year by year and they've grown tired of the bullshit. Court right on site to drag people to and fine them for smoking a joint? Police with drug sniffing dogs searching the campgrounds? Yeah, no thanks. There is no other music festival out there today with such a gestapo attitude by the local authorities looking to make a money grab as there is at Mountain Jam.

Truthfully, I don't have a lot of respect for the bands that continue to perform at that fest given what goes on there police wise. There are plenty of other festivals and welcoming communities that don't do the shit they do at Hunter.