• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday Skiing at Loon this weekend?!? Thoughts???

Dougiefrsh

I wanted to head over to Loon this weekend for some weekend skiing. I'm not sure if I should expect large crowds or waits since it's early in the season. Can anyone shed some light on my situation, and/or any advice for which mountain to go to.

I'm driving up from Boston with the g/f.

Thanks!!!

uphillklimber

I chatted with some folks who skied Loon this week. They have perhaps 6 runs top to bottom. What is ski-able is reported to be in great shape. With snow coming tonight, even though it's only about 3 inches, I'd expect to see a good sized crowd on the weekend. Just be ready for that. Otherwise have fun! And we all want a trip report detailing conditions and crowds there!

57stevey

I was there yesterday and can attest to the great conditions. I counted the terrain as basically 4 routes... upper/lower picked rock, upper/lower bear claw, flyingfox/seven brothers (mix and match those to taste) and sunset/haulback/lower walking boss/brookway. I was there during the British invasion last spring as well, have to give them props for their early/late season product.

Oh, gondi was walk-on until the HS race teams arrived around 1:30-ish, but not all that bad even then. Can't say about the weekend.

Blizzard of Wahhs

I wanted to head over to Loon this weekend for some weekend skiing. I'm not sure if I should expect large crowds or waits since it's early in the season. Can anyone shed some light on my situation, and/or any advice for which mountain to go to.

I'm driving up from Boston with the g/f.

Thanks!!!

I would expect poor conditions on entirely manmade snow. It will be slightly more enjoyable than watching old Seinfeld reruns. If you get a nice bottle of wine at dinner maybe you'll be able to forget how bad the skiing was.

Cheers!